• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

41 Weeks - Membrane stripping questions.. :)

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
Hey girls!

So I went to my OB today. Found out that I'm 2-3cm dilated, 70% effaced, and at -1 station. Doctor did a membrane strip in hopes of helping things along since I'm already 41 weeks.
What do you guys think? What are the chances of it working? I'm wondering since I'm 41 weeks if there's a greater chance of me going into labor soon.
I was given the option to be induced on Tuesday if it doesn't happen by this weekend on its own.
Basically, just wondering what you guys think or what your past experiences were! :)
Thank you in advance for all your input.

I'd say if you're already dilated there's a much better chance. The top of my cervix was closed when she attempted a sweep so didn't seem too hopeful.

But yeah I'd say being dilated already you've got a much better chance! Goodluck :)

Thank you!! I'm really hoping so. I'd much rather go naturally than be induced. Come on, baby boy! :p

I definitely agree...

Dilation and effacement mean that your body is already heading in that direction. Your body is making the changes and appears to be readying itself for labor.

All sounds good, and you are right... being 41 weeks will greatly improve your chances of it happening anyway!!!

Good luck, hun!! I hope this works for you and you don't have to be induced :hugs:

Every chance it will work, your overdue and your already dilated :)

I was 2cm but not favourable and cervix facing the back, my baby arrived at 41+2, less than 48hrs after having it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->