45 minute naps....

candyfloss

Reaction score
....are driving me crazy! He takes a while to fall asleep anyway, but wish he would sleep for longer! He either wakes up happy or screaming, either way he still seems tired but I can't get him back to sleep! I give up after 15 minutes if he doesn't look sleepy otherwise I'd be in his room all bloody day!

Then up for about an hour and a half before I start to wind him down for the next nap so feels all I do is get him to sleep! Some days he's happy between naps, other days (like yesterday!) he's very grumpy and OT :-(

How does everyone else cope with the short naps? When do they get longer? Try to lengthen them but nothing seems to work at the moment.....

maybe thats just the way he will be. my lo slept well for first few months and then as she became aware of her surroundings hated sleeping and would sleep very rarely day or night! she is now 18months and it very rare to get her to sleep in the day and if we are out or she is at nursery we can forget that! i tend to have to let her cry it out and if she falls asleep in the first 10 minutes she will sleep anywhere between 20minutes to 2 hours. depending on how many time she has got up in the night!!!!

Baby sleep cycles are 45mins each so it's very normal that he's waking after 45mins. My Amelie is the same and while that is frustrating it's really normal :shrug:

I'd love for 45mins, we get 20mins and sometimes it takes us as long to get him to sleep. Used to battle for nap times but now I just let him lead...if he's tired he goes off easy. he's asleep in my arms right now...naughty Mummy! LOL and he's just started to snorre too cute

Just managed to get him to sleep, was creeping out the room, and bloody postman rang the doorbell so hard, the intercom receiver fell off the wall!!! Now awake, and won't go back, left him sucking his hand in his cot so at least he's having 'quiet time'!

I love having W sleep on me, try not to let him do it too much as he started to only fall asleep with me, wouldn't even sleep when OH tried to get him settled.....!!! Slowly getting better :)

Just managed to get him to sleep, was creeping out the room, and bloody postman rang the doorbell so hard, the intercom receiver fell off the wall!!! Now awake, and won't go back, left him sucking his hand in his cot so at least he's having 'quiet time'!

LOL! Grrr that kind of thing is sooo annoying, a stupid window salesman woke Ruby up the other day.

At about 4.5 months Ruby started only having 30 minute naps. Soooo annoying, she would often wake up moaning / crying and clearly still tired. But suddenly at about 6.5 months she started having 2 hours at lunchtimes. Her morning nap is still 30 mins but she always wakes up happy so that's ok. She does sometimes wake up crying after 30 mins of her lunchtime nap, but I don't give in basically. I just keep trying to get her back to sleep even if it takes ages. She is so much happier for the long nap.

My wee man only sleeps for 20/30 mins when having naps during the day. He was on about 3 a day but has just gone down to 2...so not much gets done these days :dohh:

I used to have a fight getting him to sleep..even if he slept on me in the end we have him in his buggy now and within 10 mins he is out of it but again think the longest he slept was 40 mins which is very rare!

xx

45 minute naps sounds ok, my LO sometimes barely has 30 minutes, however I am perservering for a 2 hour lunchtime nap as by 5.30pm she becomes grisly and we have to start the bedtime routine to get her down ASAP, I think a lunchtime nap would make her hold out until 6.30pm so Daddy can get cuddles instead of a monster who claws his face.
I read somewhere that babies get a good quality of sleep between 12 - 2.30pm...

yeah, we get 3 20 min naps daily....it would be nicer if she slept longer but i take her lead on everythin and it works for her :)

Hannah was the same when she was little, she was a short napper, 20-45 minute spurts and took many many naps during the day. Once she started to get more mobile though her naps became longer (though less frequent so it's a trade off really)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->