48 and pregnant!!

bellascar

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I just found out 2 days ago that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I turn 49 in July. Not planned but a wonderful surprise for us. I had my first hCG blood test today and the result was 6254. Is that high? Hoping the next one doubles as expected. It's all starting to sink in but I'm still totally shocked and amazed! Anyone else at the upper end of 40??

Wow! I haven't noticed any postings......I seen one earlier at 42. And I believe I have seen some late 40 year olds trying. So how do you feel? Congratulations! What a Blessing.

Wow! I haven't noticed any postings......I seen one earlier at 42. And I believe I have seen some late 40 year olds trying. So how do you feel? Congratulations! What a Blessing.

Thank you! I feel pretty amazing actually. Sore nipples and nausea on and off. I think my main concern right now is miscarriage. But we have decided to take each day as it comes and what will be will be. Still have to pinch myself every now and then. Second beta hCG tomorrow so I'll post my results then.

Wowsers! Is this your first pregnancy?

Hi! No, if all goes well this will be my third. Total surprise. I have a 26 yo son and a 17 yo daughter. It will be my husbands first though. He's very excited but I'm trying not to get his hopes up at this stage. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of giving birth and starting all over again at 49! Daughter is very happy too:baby:

That's smart. It's still early. At least your daughter is old enough to help. Good luck!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

What a blessing!!! Take one day at a time... That is all you can do..I really from the bottom of my heart wish you all the best..It's so amazing :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Congratulations, bellascar! Hoping for an excellent second hCG level today.

I'm just a sprightly 42, but my grandmother had her last child at 46 without any trouble in the pregnancy or afterwards. I bet you have loads of fun!!

Congratulations, bellascar! Hoping for an excellent second hCG level today.

I'm just a sprightly 42, but my grandmother had her last child at 46 without any trouble in the pregnancy or afterwards. I bet you have loads of fun!!

:hugs::hugs: Congrats to you also!!:kiss::kiss:

Thank you all, it's so nice to have all this wonderful support! So I had my second beta today and the results were 9193 at 5 weeks 2 days, a rise of only 47% in 48 hours. I'm thinking it's all going down hill from here but I still have to see my ob next week so I have no idea what she will have to say.

I'm actually ok mentally if I lose this baby as I have prepared myself mentally for the worst, I am nearly 49 after all! And I have been lucky enough in this life to be blessed with 2 gorgeous children that I adore.

One thing I have learned from all this, is don't believe the stats, if you are still getting regular periods when you are heading towards menopause there is still a chance you will get pregnant! I will keep you posted after my appointment next week:thumbup:

Congrats, one of my last Dr's patients had a naturally full term baby at 48! So think positive and hope for the best! Oh and I forgot another Dr I went to had a 50 year old with a Oops I thought I was in Menopause baby!

I had my first baby at 46. She was a wonderful surprise. I thought I was perimenopausal, not pregnant! About your hcg, after it gets over 1200 it takes longer to double, so don't count yourself out yet. But I do know the concern. When I went for my 1st prenatal with daughter, the OB didn't even give me the 'new mom' packet that he gives all his other patients (the one with foods to eat or not, meds to take, etc.), bc he assumed I'd miscarry. And frankly, so did I. But daughter is a lovely nearly 2 year old...healthy and happy. Best of luck!

Thank you everyone, after some googling last night I read that levels over 6000 take 4 or more days to double, mine is doubling at a rate of 3.6days so I guess I'm still doing ok! Ultrasound on the 8th so I'll keep you posted!

I had my first baby at 46. She was a wonderful surprise. I thought I was perimenopausal, not pregnant! About your hcg, after it gets over 1200 it takes longer to double, so don't count yourself out yet. But I do know the concern. When I went for my 1st prenatal with daughter, the OB didn't even give me the 'new mom' packet that he gives all his other patients (the one with foods to eat or not, meds to take, etc.), bc he assumed I'd miscarry. And frankly, so did I. But daughter is a lovely nearly 2 year old...healthy and happy. Best of luck!

I thought I was heading towards menopause too, did a test for the hell of it and had the shock of my life!

Congrats, one of my last Dr's patients had a naturally full term baby at 48! So think positive and hope for the best! Oh and I forgot another Dr I went to had a 50 year old with a Oops I thought I was in Menopause baby!

Wow that's encouraging, actually my ob said her last older mom was 47 and she delivered a healthy baby too!!

So yesterday I had a spot of brown discharge when I wiped and I was feeling less symptoms than usual so was I preparing for bad news today at my 6week scan. But...... We saw the heartbeat! What a surprise. And the baby measured exactly 6weeks 1 day. We are still taking it very slowly though as doc reminded us that it's still very early and we have lots of test to do. Follow up scan in two weeks:cloud9: It feels more real now and it's starting to sink in.... I think!

Awesome news! We are supportive and will be here to hold hand and help you through this! Congrats! :winkwink::hugs: Oh please make sure they check you progesterone levels as some older Moms need extra help in this area to carry a baby! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->