4th iui failed

JAR

Reaction score
Hi

Not been on here in a while. I found out today that our 4th IUI has not worked and I'm just wondering if it ever will! Our first IUI in March was successful however I miscarried at 9 weeks. Me and hubby have been ttc for nearly 5 years now. Has anyone else been in a similar situation with the IUI's? Did it ever work for you again? I just feel like giving up at the moment and as we approach December all I can think about is the fact I would have been due.

It would be great to talk to people who are in a similar situation.

J x

Hi Hunny,

Im sorry that it didnt work for you. Im afraid im not in the same situation as though we were initially referred for IUIs the consultant said that IUI wouldnt help us and we went straight to IVF.

I do hope that you have some luck soon :hugs:
fluffyx

Thanks Fluffy. I just feel really down about it at the moment - feel like we're never going to be a mummy and daddy. It's so frustrating as we have unexplained infertility :shrug: How far along in your IVF cycle are you?

I am on day 5 of stimms so a few weeks to go.
I think unexplained is the most difficult. We had mild male factor due to low morphology but when we saw the consultant at the fertility clinic he said that was unlikely the problem and we were unexplained. I still think that just means that they havent figured out the reason yet! They check the standard things, sperm, ovulating, tubes clear and then say unexplained. I kept trying to ask about possible scarring from a procedure on my cervix and my judt dismissed it, the fact that I have irregular cycles and delayed ovulation but doc said dont worry you are ovulating, and I also was concerned that I only have 10 days between ov and AF, again told not to worry!

Are you going to try any more IUIs or do you think you could move to IVF? Our consultant was quite useful when pointing out the benefits of IVF over IUI for unexplained infertility. He said that for unexplained, IVF will give you so much more information which could have been affecting things that otherwise you would never know about. His examples were: actual egg quality, whether the sperm can actually fertilise an egg, and it also bypasses the possibility of your egg not making it to the tubes.

Hopefully you can talk to your consutant and come upwith a plan?
Good luck and stay strong xx

I think it is implantation we actually have a problem with - just guessing but after 2 miscarriages I think my body must just reject them or they don't implant properly. I used to have a period for 12/13 days every 28days ovulating around day 18/19. I begged them to let me try progestorone and it worked- my last period was 4 days long with no spotting brown or anything - the doctors are so dismissive tho!!! Think I also have an issue with a thin lining - usually never gets above 6.5mm - I just don't want to waste the one free shot at IVF we have :-(

Fingers crossed that it works for you this time x

HI there, sorry to hear about your IUI, we've had 2 IUI failures & are now heading for IVF.

Good luck for whatever you decide to do next. :hugs:

I'm so sorry hunni. :hugs: I have had 4 failed IUI's too so I really know how you feel. :hugs:

We have had 4 failed IUI's as well. We will find out if #5 works in a week or so.
I'm just not giving up on IUI's yet because our insurance pays for them. And as far as IVF, well, it pays for none.
Im fine, Ive already had a child. He's 7. But with a different partner. My husband has low morphology, but other than that he's great too. So I cant wrap my head around spending all that money for something when we don't really have issues.
I know it's hard to keep going, we actually took a month off, and it was GREAT.
All the best of luck to you!! Hang in there! And go with what option is best for you and the results you want :)

I've had several failed IUI's too, but don't give up, I hope you get answers as to why your aren't maintaining the pregnancy. Have your dr's shared any thoughts with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->