4th kid, not so enthused

rosegarden620

Reaction score
You know my last pregnancies I was counting down the weeks, belly pics every week like clockwork ! This pregnancy i go weeks without recognizing how far along I am. It helps I found out when i was 8 weeks pregnant.

Like today I just fealized i was 13 weeks and I'm like "whoa! That was fast.

That's another thing, it feels so fast but I have no urgency at all to buy stuff. Like none.

And we are team yellow with three girls already. Part of me is like meh, couple of onesies and newborn diapers should do the trick. Right??

Am I alone?

You're not alone.

This is my fourth, and I'm nearly 20 weeks. Apart from feeling like death and constant nausea, I struggle to remember I'm pregnant. We don't talk about names every second of the day like we did with the other three. I've not bought a single thing. The thought of giving birth used to terrify me but I knew it was worth it. This time I'm feeling just as terrified but not getting the reassuring satisfaction.

I'm not saying it's normal, but you certainly aren't alone.

:hugs:

Oh yay.
I bought a bassinet and that is all. I wa supposed to start thinking of nursery themes but I just have no want! All I want to do is lie down. Then I get up, clean, dinner and go to work with homework for my classes in between.

It's hard since I don't know and won't know what I am having!!

I think with having 3 kids already it is normal!
I have 2, this is my 3rd.

1st kid: buy all new, counting weeks, eating all organic, nursery must be done, all clothes washed, sterelized, ironed. All the works.
Also from other people. Got like 100 cards and gifts.

2nd kid: ok, lets see what's left after your brother. Umm.... I am sure if I washed those clothes 2 years ago, they should be fine. Well, this and this outfit is so cute, will get it anyways. Ok... I'm 30 weeks pregnant, guess it's time to get a double buggy. Nursery? The baby will be in the room with us for a while anyways...
Cards and gifts? Umm... About 10.

This baby. Hmm, ok, you are a girl. That is great. It is just your luck I just got rid of the last baby stuff from boys, otherwise you would be wearing Mr.Man onses.
Now then... Onses... Ok, let's see what we can buy in bulk (preferably: "al your baby girl needs from 0 to 12 months" - tadadada, bingo!)
Buggy.... Do I even need a buggy, considering I spend my days ferrying your brothers from to school, activities, etc... And when I am not, I am cleaning, cooking, washing, etc, and your arrival won't make my workload any better is it? So - car seat and a baby sling will do. Lucky you, missy :)
Do not lift stuff? Are you kidding me?
What will we have to eat today? Let's see what is going to take 20 minutes to make. :dohh:

I think, it is absolutely normal! I can't wait for the bubba to be here. But, am I making fuss - absolutely not!

I'm having my 3rd boy & i have bought a double pushchair & thats it! I have clothes & everything in the loft that i keep meaning to go through. Nursery is unisex from ds2 & as much as i'd love to do a wicked boys one i just can't be arsed lol! Baby is moving about loads now so i feel a bit more connected & we found out the sex by accident at a scan a few weeks ago so i think thats helping x

My husband has refused to take the crib in our room down, :dohh:Says there is no point as by the time he takes it down, puts it in the loft i will be having the new baby.... Lazy arse!!!

LOL you nailed it Wombat I feel completely relaxed this time around I have bought only a handful of items ... not that I have anything left from DD1 Im just so much more relaxed and realised there was a few things I never got to use so I don't see why I should be buying stuff ... clothes yes but that is it

Wombat!!!!:haha:

Yep, same here.
3rd child, and 25 weeks, and not done a single thing. I'm struggling with SPD, so I'm aware that I'm pregnant, but haven't sorted anything out yet.
Infact I'm not 100% sure where we're going to put the babies stuff when it comes down from the attic at some point in the next 3 months, and the only thing I can say for sure is that the baby will be in with us for a few months.

My 4th. Not rushed to buy anything. My partners first though and first grandchild on his side. So some excitement x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->