4w5d Cramping/Spotting... HCG levels... stresssssed.

BabyG8686

Reaction score
I'm new here, was in the TWW forum for the last few months and I got my BFP recently. I'm 4w5d and my HCG was at 327 as of yesterday.

I've had 2 MC in the past and they always started with cramping/spotting. Go figure the day after my first doctor's appointment to get my levels checked, they look decent, and I go to wipe an hour ago... I get a decent amount of brown spotting. It was enough that it was on the tissue wiping three times.

My boobs don't hurt today and now I'm spotting. I'm praying the spotting doesn't get heavier and turn red.

Any words of advice? Should I be mentally preparing myself for another loss? That's kind of where I'm at right now.

I’m so sorry hun

Spotting is so scary but defiantly doesn’t always signal loss but I know myself I do it myself

Will doctors do hcg again to check rising as should

That is prime time for spotting. I spotted with both of my kids at that time. Try and stay calm. You can message your dr and tell them you're cramping and spotting and you'd like a followup on betas. :hugs:

Sorry your going through this, they do say spotting doesn’t always mean loss

Try give your doctor a call and hopefully they can do another check for you

Well the brown spotting has officially turned into dark red, mildly clotty bleeding. Going to get levels checked first thing in the morning but I don't feel good. I just feel like crying.

I am so sorry hun. I had spotting and bleeding with my daughter, like dark red spotting. Turned out to be a friable cervix. Sometimes you spot early in pregnancy and everything turns out good. I hope and pray everything is ok dear.

I am so sorry hun. I had spotting and bleeding with my daughter, like dark red spotting. Turned out to be a friable cervix. Sometimes you spot early in pregnancy and everything turns out good. I hope and pray everything is ok dear.

Thanks, I'm just not feeling optimistic. I cried when my husband got home from work. I guess I'll just have to wait until the day after tomorrow when the HCG comes back. Last time this happened it had plummeted in less than 24 hours so I'll know when I see the numbers.

Well the brown spotting has officially turned into dark red, mildly clotty bleeding. Going to get levels checked first thing in the morning but I don't feel good. I just feel like crying.

I’m sorry this is happening, fx you get the results you want

I hope it's ok. I had pink at 4+3 and went to urgent Care. They did an ultrasound and found nothing. They did my HCG levels and they were 317.7. two days later they were 800 something. The spotting turned brown the same day the pink started and stayed brown for 4 days then stopped. At 6+4 was hospitalized due to excessive vomiting and dehydration and they said I had a hematoma but my levels was 56000 n they didn't see a baby in my sac. At that point they should have. About a week later I got my HCG levels retested and they were 130,000 n they finally saw baby. I'm now 9 weeks tomorrow and have spotting brown on and off but it's from my hematoma. It's possible you have one as well.

I am so sorry, I had bleeding in all pregnancies that made it, but my losses looked and felt the same. It really is impossible to guess. :(

Well, I'm in the ER. Went in with severe stabbing pain on my right side. Felt like what I imagine an appendix bursting might feel like. Got lots of morphine, a few different ultrasounds (they see nothing, no cysts, no sac, nothing) started bleeding more. HCG is in the 900's, so it's not doubling every day. It should be like 1500+.

The doctor says it could be ectopic but maybe it's so small they can't see it, or I've already miscarried, or... they have no idea. I feel like it's bullshit that with all of the technology in the world, millions of women getting pregnant every year, and they DON'T KNOW? Ugh.

So if it IS ectopic, what? I wait until it's bigger and MORE painful? Then I come back and get surgery? Maybe the sonogram tech just sucked and missed something?

Meanwhile, I'm high AF, I'm mad they've given me so much morphine because if on some crazy long shot I'm still pregnant I'm concerned what that would do to a 5w developing baby but that's some next level wishful thinking.

This is the worst.

Well, I'm in the ER. Went in with severe stabbing pain on my right side. Felt like what I imagine an appendix bursting might feel like. Got lots of morphine, a few different ultrasounds (they see nothing, no cysts, no sac, nothing) started bleeding more. HCG is in the 900's, so it's not doubling every day. It should be like 1500+.

The doctor says it could be ectopic but maybe it's so small they can't see it, or I've already miscarried, or... they have no idea. I feel like it's bullshit that with all of the technology in the world, millions of women getting pregnant every year, and they DON'T KNOW? Ugh.

So if it IS ectopic, what? I wait until it's bigger and MORE painful? Then I come back and get surgery? Maybe the sonogram tech just sucked and missed something?

Meanwhile, I'm high AF, I'm mad they've given me so much morphine because if on some crazy long shot I'm still pregnant I'm concerned what that would do to a 5w developing baby but that's some next level wishful thinking.

This is the worst.
I hate to hear that you are going through this. It is crazy that the er can not seem to offer anything, but drugs.

I hate to hear that you are going through this. It is crazy that the er can not seem to offer anything, but drugs.

Thanks hun, I'm back home and eating ice cream and trying not to lose all hope. They literally did nothing but drug me up and send me home. So frustrating.

Thanks hun, I'm back home and eating ice cream and trying not to lose all hope. They literally did nothing but drug me up and send me home. So frustrating.

Are pregnancy tests still positive? With my chemicals they turned negative right away.

Fingers crossed for you!

Same, I lost my first chemical in the waiting area of the hospital while crying on a chair. They can be so stupid. Then they tried to tell me I was not pregnant

Don't lose hope! I know it can be difficult, but hang in there. Some doctors just don't have a good bedside manor. I completely understand your frustration as well. The same happened to me when I had my first loss at 13 weeks. I was having horrible contractions but the baby was still doing good and looked great on the ultrasound. I asked them to give me something to stop my contractions and the Dr. said no, my baby wasn't viable until 24 weeks.They gave me drugs too and discharged me. My water broke in their parking lot. I was beyond hurt and furious! I understand there isn't much they can do, but they also have to realize what the moms are going through.

This is the worst.

Sorry to hear the hospital were no help, it must be difficult for you.. hopefully your get a clearer result on what’s going on soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->