5+3, red spotting turned to brown discharge, so worried :(

bubbles82

Reaction score
I'm 5+3 today, I had a little girl in 2013, and had an early loss at 4+6 before her. I finally started to think things might be ok this time after feeling really unconfident and worried, I'd finally stepped away from the tests yesterday and stopped temping. But around 5pm today I noticed what appeared to be (sorry if TMI) a small bright red clot in with the usual discharge/mucus when I wiped. Had nothing for a few hours, but now at 9.30pm I'm having brown tinged discharge when I wipe. No pains or anything, just the usual slight crampy feeling. This is nothing like my previous loss as that started with bright red bleeding and painful cramps, and the bleeding quickly became heavy, plus I kind of expected it then as my symptoms suddenly disappeared that morning and tests were getting lighter.
Now I just don't know what's happening and feel so worried this little one isn't going to stick either.
I've read other similar threads with various outcomes so not sure what to think or what to do. I'm in the UK so not sure if my GP would be able to help at all if I could even get an appointment. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Hun lots of positive stories on here about small bleeds...
Id def ring gp or epu see if they will do bloods or scan xxx

Might be lik early to see much tho xx

Hi Bubbles,

I think I remember you from our previous pregnancies, I also had a daughter in 2013 so I can feel with you..She was the easiest pregnancy ever and here I am 4 + 6 days scared to death because I had a chemical two months ago and about a week ago I hd some red spotting. When I mean red I mean red, it was horrible I thought to myself here we go again, whats going on with me? But thankfully I am still pregnant got my hcg checked and its going in the right direction so fingers crossed that is the only complication I will have!

Please don't worry, the Dr told me about 20% have spotting and when its just spotting (with no cramps, meaning it doesn't continue further) the majority of them still have normal pregnancies. Of course I started spotting over the weekend and I couldn't wait till monday to go to the doctors so I kept going pregnany tests and the line was getting darker so it made me feel better. please dont worry, and keep us updated.

I'm in the same boat. I bled bright red on Saturday with a bit of cramping. It dripped onto the floor literally so I was expecting a full force miscarriage within minutes. But the bleed just stopped and turned to brownish discharge. Then nothing for a few days and now brownish discharge again. 3 weeks ago I also had tan discharge which I believe is a very minor amount of blood.
I had an early MC right before this one and no period so I think it could be blood from the MC or built up period blood still leaking out.

Btw. with my son I bled lots and he was fine. It is so hard to say how bleeding will end.

Thanks for the replies. It's now 1am and the bleeding has stopped altogether again. Just finishing work and heading to bed, dreading waking up and finding it has come back full force. Think I might try ring the EPAU tomorrow to see if I can get any kind of reassurance checks there. Really wish I could just enjoy being pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->