5-6 week miscarriage over in a few hours?

lesmis

Reaction score
Hi. I just lost my first pregnancy (TTC for 1 year) on Sunday night. I am not shocked about the miscarriage at all...I have been bleeding the entire pregnancy (bled so much starting on CD26 I thought I got my period and counted that as CD1 and took an entire round of clomid). I only thought to take a pregnancy test 2 weeks later "just in case" b/c I was weirdly spotting. I had bloods drawn 4-5 weeks in (not sure when I ovulated) and my HCG was 418. Dr. never called with my 48 hours result taken on Thursday. A few days later (this weekend) I had a brief episode of red blood, then persistent brown spotting that all of a sudden turned to a gush of heavy red bleeding on Sunday night for ~4 hours. I went to bed fearing the worst, but I didn't bleed all night and haven't since except for brown spotting. I didn't pass anything large (was just like a normal period except more of a gush) and am concerned not everything came out since it ended so quickly! Also not much cramps really. My OBGYN had me come in and they decided I didn't need to bother with an ultrasound, so they just took blood for HCG and once again did not call or call me back when I followed up.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm concerned it's either not over or stuff is still stuck inside of me:( Not sure what to prepare for.

Hi Lesmis,

My situation was a bit different to yours but I'll let you know the details anyway in case it helps.

I was meant to be 10weeks, baby only measured about 7 at the scan. I was spotting brown for 3 days before the scan. Once the scan had been done(on the Monday) the bleeding got slightly heavier. On the Wednesday I had severe cramps/contractions for a couple hours then a gush came out. The pain subsided after that. The next day around 6pm the pain came back for a couple of hours again. In the night I passed something about the size of an egg- it wasn't big at all. The bleeding has slowed down and almost stopped since then. It's just brown now.

My follow up scan revealed I had passed the baby and sac but there was just some residule products to come out ( period like stuff I guess)and they said I didn't need to go back unless I feel more pain, the bleeding gets heavier again, I smell something weird down there, I get a temperature- any sign of infection really.

I would say take it easy and keep an eye on any sign of infection at this point. If you are still worried go back to the doctors. You can always claim symptoms and they will check you. It's their duty of care.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, all the best xx

I would call the dr office back. Tell them you need to know what your hcg numbers are. Or, you can continue taking HPTs until they go negative. That's what I did with 2 of my miscarriages. Maybe since you've been bleeding off and on that means that not much formed?? Idk.

All 3 of my miscarriages were different. My 2nd one was most like what you describe, though not quite the same. I had a short 3 day period, or so I thought. About 10 days later I took a test bc I started having nausea (pregnancy nausea feels different than sickness and since I'd been pregnant before, I recognized it) I had bloods done and my number was somewhere over 3,000. My next number rose appropriately. My 3rd number didn't rise and my 4th it had gone down. About a week or so after that I started bleeding. I had a few hours of heavy bleeding and then it slowed to a normal /light normal period. But I did bleed for about 5 days, if I'm remembering correctly.

I think if your hcg gets back to 0 or your tests go negative, it's assumed you passed everything. I think, but not sure. I know I never had any follow up scans. With the 2nd miscarriage, once my number dropped and I knew I was going to miscarry, I didn't bother going back to the OB; I just took hpts until they went negative. I'm sorry this happened. Being concerned, I'd go ahead and call the dr office back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->