5/6 week old babies...grumpy in the evenings?

vanessa

Reaction score
May is generally a very good baby and only really cries when hungry, but this week has started to be really grumpy in the evenings...she is wide awake until about 11.30pm and is really bad tempered...she wants to play and will play with something for about 3 minutes then do a really fake-sounding cry and we have to amuse her with something else...
Its fine, cos she sleeps ok-ish once we get her to sleep but I was just wondering if others had experienced this?

Alot of babies around this age become very cranky/colicky in the evenings... It is the most common time for some reason. I found Jasmines worst time to be when she was 1 month-2.5 months old... and then she got loads better.

Oliver did this too. My poor hubby thought it was him, as it tended to start around the time that he came home from work. I think it is fairly normal for it to happen around this age, but they do grow out of it. Oliver now loves the evenings and plays really nicely before bed.

Oliver did this too. My poor hubby thought it was him, as it tended to start around the time that he came home from work. I think it is fairly normal for it to happen around this age, but they do grow out of it. Oliver now loves the evenings and plays really nicely before bed.

Ditto.

OH doesn't get home until around 6-6:30pm. He takes Claire for me when he does get home so I can have a break. Normally I go to sleep around 7:30ish so I can get a decent sleep in before I have to get up with her in the night for her feeds. Just recently she started getting really, really cranky come 7pm ish. It takes alot of effort to get her to settle down, and when she does it's okay for a bit then she's cranky again.

She'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow, so I wonder if it's the same thing? When exactly do they grow out of it? :rofl:

Ditto.

OH doesn't get home until around 6-6:30pm. He takes Claire for me when he does get home so I can have a break. Normally I go to sleep around 7:30ish so I can get a decent sleep in before I have to get up with her in the night for her feeds. Just recently she started getting really, really cranky come 7pm ish. It takes alot of effort to get her to settle down, and when she does it's okay for a bit then she's cranky again.

She'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow, so I wonder if it's the same thing? When exactly do they grow out of it? :rofl:

Ah, our babies are the same age exactly
Must be a 6 week cranky thing.....it does my head in! whinge, whinge, whinge!!!
Hope its not very long lasting...its not like you can take her out in the pram to chill her out at 7pm in the cold and dark!! Summer babies must be so much easier!!
I was wondering if it could be linked to a growth spurt but she's not eating any more than usual.......another baby mystery

Happened with Hannah, turned out she was overly tired!

archie used to be like this wen oh got home fromwork and still is now sometimes...but im finding lately hes getting really ratty come 8pm and i think is cus hes tired so i jus try my hardest to get him asleep last night was cool fed and in bed by half 9/10 then slept till half 7 xx

Ditto.

Hope its not very long lasting...its not like you can take her out in the pram to chill her out at 7pm in the cold and dark!! Summer babies must be so much easier!!
I was wondering if it could be linked to a growth spurt but she's not eating any more than usual.......another baby mystery

No kidding! I definitely can't do that here, we've got about 6 feet (ish) of snow on the ground, and temps at night drop down to -20c with the windchill. WAY too cold for me to be out walking her.

I do think summer babies have it easier in this stage, but my thoughts are I'd rather get the new stage over with when the weather is super crappy, and by the time summer comes they'll be 6 months or so and will be so much easier in the sense that they'll be able to sit up on their own, and and hold their heads up. (Can't wait for that one!!!)

We'll have to keep in touch to see when our LOs grow out of this stage. Wouldn't it be funny if they did at the same time? :rofl:

Toby used to be really good all day and then 7pm on the dot until about 9pm when my oh walked through the door he would start. he he. He suffered with wind when he was tiny though and we used infacol which helped a lot. xx

Arwyn is the same. She sleeps well in the morning and then when OH comes home around 6pm and holds Arwyn, she will be super cranky and would cry her heart out. Poor OH thinks Arwyn hates him. (She still does this by the way)

Arwyn is only a day older than May and Claire. We totally feel your pain!

Oscar does the same thing. My OH only really gets smiles and fun time on the weekends. He is getting a little better though...although I think I can hear him kicking off in the other room so maybe not!

Ditto.

No kidding! I definitely can't do that here, we've got about 6 feet (ish) of snow on the ground, and temps at night drop down to -20c with the windchill. WAY too cold for me to be out walking her.

I do think summer babies have it easier in this stage, but my thoughts are I'd rather get the new stage over with when the weather is super crappy, and by the time summer comes they'll be 6 months or so and will be so much easier in the sense that they'll be able to sit up on their own, and and hold their heads up. (Can't wait for that one!!!)

We'll have to keep in touch to see when our LOs grow out of this stage. Wouldn't it be funny if they did at the same time? :rofl:

Actually, I am glad too that it will be summer when May can go out in the buggy and look round/feed the ducks and all that! Yep, PM me and let me know how Claire gets on....last night May was a little less cranky as she had a little nap at about 7pm...think overtiredness could be one of the reasons. She calms down if I pat her on the back too. She was a pain in the arse in the night instead though and wouldn't sleep for more than 40 mins at once :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->