5 day luetal phase

villarv

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive, this is our first time. Once I ovulated I thought it was weird how I was 5 days away from starting my period and I came across so many threads on its impossible to have a baby with a short 5 day luetal phase and some recommended taking b6 to lengthen your luetal phase I ovulated on March 7th and I started taking b6 on the 8th and I was supposed to start my period on the 12th but I haven't started it. I had also gotten off depo 3 months ago and I've gotten my period since I gotten off and started using the ovulation kit and I had a positive result saying I was ovulating. My period has been irregular but it's been starting to get back to normal. And could the b6 helped lengthen my luetal phase so quickly? I'm new to this and I really don't want to miscarry :(

Why are you worried you'd miscarry?
In my experience, b6 can help to lengthen the luteal phase but it might also be simply your body getting back to normal ("normal" means a luteal phase of around 12-14 days for most women). Either way, it's a good thing for ttc. From what you said, I think you're 8dpo now, which is really very early still. Your period may not arrive for another week if you're not pregnant. A period is considered "late" when it's more than 18 days from ovulation so you've still got a while to go.

If you have implanted you wont miscarry because u have a short lp. A short lp stops implantation. Try not to worry sounds like your body is getting back to normal like amyg said . Worrying isnt good for tlc. If you have af before 10 days i would go see your doc anything before 10 days isnt good. And i have read success stories with ladies who have a 7 day lp so its not all doom and gloom

Start charting if you aren't already so you can get a precise idea of your cycle. If you are lengthening your LP that's awesome because it can be very difficult and it's very rare for a LP to change length by more than a day or two maximum from one cycle to the next. Even with prescription progesterone after ovulation it can take 3-4 cycles to move the length up enough to get pregnant so be patient:) A B complex is a great start and I also took this to lengthen my LP but I had to use progesterone and chaste berry to get it long enough to not miscarry which happened a few times once my LP got to 8-9 days. Eventually we succeeded so don't lose hope!

Generally if you ovulate late in your cycle then your af will be later than usual because LP won change. Anytime I have ever ovulated later than normal date then my period came later than expected... Also comming off depo recently means cycles can still be irregular..good luck!

I used progesterone cream to lengthen my lp. I used to have a 9 day lp. My first month using the cream it increased to 12 days, and the second month 16 days! Not sure it would work for everyone that way or not though. I used 1 pump rubbed on my uterus area - kind of along my pelvic bone - everyday till after showed up. It worked wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->