5 days late, but BFP still. Any ideas?

broncosbabe

Reaction score
Sorry I am very new at all of this so please excuse me if I sound like I am rambling.
My bf and I were 'kinda' using protection when we believed I was ovulating, but last month the calendar was all mixed up, and we weren't being cautious when I was actually fertile. Anyway, I usually have perfect 35day cycles, with the exception of last month when it was 34 days. Fast forward to now and I am 5 days late. I took 2 HPTs on 2 days late and 4 days late, both negative.
About 4 days after what could have been the conception date, I got straight out of bed and into the shower and all of a sudden felt really sick and dizzy and was almost sick. The feeling sick in the shower has happened again all this week, but not nearly as bad. I have been tired, craving weird things (canned tomatoes and fast food pizza mainly) but I do crave things from time to time, I have been going to the toilet a lot, sometimes every hour (I dont usually go this frequently, but it CAN happen) I can taste a bizarre taste, but only in the water at work, had a lot of weird pulling cramps about 1 week ago, and this week little cramps like I would get just before AF, but so far nothing. My BF is convinced from these symptoms that regardless of the test I MUST be pregnant, but at the risk of sounding naive, I think it is all a big co-incidence. I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and what the outcome was? Is it possible that I am pregnant but a test isn't showing yet (about 18dpo today)? How many days should I wait before I test again? How many days late should I wait before I see my dr? and any other ideas on why I could be late when I NEVER am without being pregnant? Sorry for all the questions, I don't exaclty want to ask my mother as she would probably freak out.

The only time I have ever been late in my life was when as a teenager I convinced myself that I had to be pregnant. I think the stress affected me. Once I took a test and got a negative answer I relaxed and AF arrived a couple of hours later. I'm not saying that's definitely the case, but stress can definite delay AF. Alternatively, it could be that you are testing too soon, too late in the day etc. to get a strong enough reponse to get a BFP. Or it could be something to do with your diet or weight, or your body establishing a new cycle. Try to keep calm, give your body some time and resist testing for a couple of days (I know that's pretty difficult though)

Hey bronco,

I seem to be in the EXACT same situation.... its so frustrating. I'm around 16 or 17dpo and I've been testing since 11dpo.... got 2 faint positives and a crap load of BFN's. Not sure what to do now. Just wait I guess. Keep me posted. Good luck.

The instructions in the box for most pregnancy tests say to wait three days if you get a BFN but still suspect a pregnancy. I would test again with first morning urine and a different brand test in three days. If it's still a BFN at that time, I would call my doctor just to see what they say. They might have you come in for a blood test and if that's still BFN you can ask about a shot to jump start your period. Good luck!

Thanks everyone :) The thing with me is I myself am not convinced I am pregnant at all - I think its all just random coincidences, and there have been a few times Ive headed to the toilet with a tampon thinking AF had arrived - so I am sure it isn't stress thinking I am pregnant that is making me late. The main reason I am concerned is I am NEVER late. I will try and wait until AF is exactly a week late and test again, otherwise will head to the drs next weekend if I still have nothing by then. I just want to know either way really, so if I am I can start taking the vitamins and whatever, and if I am not, then at least I can reassure my bf.

Thought AF was about to start yesterday morning when I had one little light brown spot, but nothing. Have had a little tiny bit of the light brown spotting, but AF has never appeared like this before. Still so confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->