5 days late, negative HPT (sorry this is so long)

JuliansMommy

Reaction score
Hi, I was really stressed out this month, like for the whole month and I know that stress can cause a menstruation to be late but I didn't take into account of causing delayed ovulation. My husband and I usually do not have intercourse during the week I'm supposed to ovulate. I think I should have ovulated anywhere from Oct 9-11. I'm not sure but I think we resumed dtd on Oct 14. I've been tracking my period since I had my son in February and realize my cycle is long, like about 35-39 days, mostly around 36-37 days for the past two months. According to that, I should have started by the 25th since my lmp was Sept 16. HPTs have been negative. Yesterday I saw some spotting when I wiped but that was only one time. I've been feeling weird and mild cramps here and there but I don't know if its just my imagination. I felt when I conceived my son, it was a weird feeling in my tummy. I didn't notice anything like that this time. So I'm wondering if I ovulated late and if the blood drops I saw (pink) were from implantation bleeding? and if implantation occurred late? I don't want to waste any more money on FR tests. I had a positive test last July 1 and got my period on the 5th...the tests kept getting fainter after it got darker July 2nd and we were trying then so I was really bummed. We are not trying now, not until I lose all the baby weight but if I am pregnant, that would be great. I just want to know when should I go get bloodwork done? I know that I had blood test for hCG on July 5th last time and their results were inconclusive just for me to start my period hours later. Just hoping it doesn't happen again. Is it too soon to have a blood test? I'm thinking of going to get it done Tuesday if no sign of period still.

Stress can certainly delay both ovulation and menstruation so if it were me, I'd just wait it out and relax. It sounds like you're stressing too much even now so just step back and relax. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant, and you still will be in another two weeks time. But if you relax, your body can let go a little and maybe af will come. The bleeding could have been ovulation bleeding, implantation bleeding, mid-cycle spotting, irritated cervix, etc, etc, etc.

I had spotting when my cycle was supposed to start. I was 5 days late but kept getting BFN. I thought for sure that I was preggo. Unfortunately, I think all of the anticipation and excitement delayed AF and the :witch: came blazing in.
Hopefully this is different for you!! I couldn't understand why I was so late, but I think I had maybe convinced my body that I may be pregnant.

I am not TTC but rang my doc today as the last two cycles around ovulation I have started to bleed, it starts off pinky brown, day two quite dark red, then for the next two days brown not loads. Ive never had it before but since have Macy Sept 2010 my cycles have been very irregular, long and now this mid cycle bleeding with cramping. I am having an examination next week. But very common apperently to bleed during ovulation but just never had it before its weird, I think it occurs in women who have longer cycles. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->