5 days of positive opk's?! What's going on?

CherokeeMist

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Dh and I have been ttc with opk's for 6 months now with no luck. This month I had consecutive positive opk's. This has happened before but usually 2-3 days in a row, this time it's 5. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and could it be due to a hormone imbalance? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• 0909170935.jpg
    0909170935.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello ladies! I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Dh and I have been ttc with opk's for 6 months now with no luck. This month I had consecutive positive opk's. This has happened before but usually 2-3 days in a row, this time it's 5. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and could it be due to a hormone imbalance? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Were your tests negative prior to CD10? I ask because you might be pregnant? OPKs also become positive when pregnant. Or it might just be 5 days of surge. I've never had 5, but I have had 3 before.

It almost looks to me like you had two surges there. If you're not pregnant, as previously suggested, it may be that your first surge didn't result in ovulation, and your body rallied the troops and gave it a second go. It's also possible that you double-ovulated. Are you temping?

I didn't test before CD 10. And I never considered that I might be pregnant, I will definitely take a pregnancy test. Thank you for your input!

It almost looks to me like you had two surges there. If you're not pregnant, as previously suggested, it may be that your first surge didn't result in ovulation, and your body rallied the troops and gave it a second go. It's also possible that you double-ovulated. Are you temping?

I haven't been temping, and maybe I need to start since this has been happening. I just took a pregnancy test and it came back negative!
Thank you so much for your help!

I'd definitely recommend temping -- that will help to confirm when ovulation actually occurs. Be sure you use a BBT thermometer (cheap on Amazon), and my favorite tracking app is Fertility Friend (it's brilliant). :) In the meantime, keep doing OPKs at the same time each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->