5 days overdue... If I get induced can I still have water birth?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm 40 weeks + 5 days and needless to say I'm completely over it... So uncomfortable, sore and fed up.

This whole pregnancy I've been with a birth centre that doesn't offer pain relief (if I change my mind they'd simply move me to a ward) and I was very set on having a water birth or at least labouring in the lovely big stone bath they have. Warm water is extremely soothing and relieving for me, I'm a bit of a "water baby" and can't get enough of being in water in general.

It's only occurred to me today that if bub doesn't arrive within the next week I guess I may need to be induced? My midwife previously said to me they induce if we're 10 days late but I always thought I'd go early because she's been engaged for soooo long - no such luck!

Do you know if a water labour or birth is possible when you're induced? I really know nothing about the process or even if I'd be in the birth centre or in a ward for the induction? I don't get to see my midwife for another 3 days so hoping to get some wisdom from here xx

As long as it's not a induction for an at high risk then yeah. Also if baby hasn't pooped. Then water births are allowed 😃. I'm 11days over today & induction tomorrow eeeek! Good luck Hun!

Ah that's so good to hear, I really panicked when it occurred to me I might end up being induced :(
That's so exciting! Hope it all goes wonderful, you must be so excited knowing it's all starting tomorrow!

I was induced recently and wanted a water birth. I was told yes as long as we didn't have to go on the drip for the induction. I had the 24 hour pessary then the 6 hour tablet and I think the drip was the step after that if those hadn't worked. Hope you get your water birth.x

That's so great :) congratulations on your recent bub! It's a big relief knowing others have been induced and still had a water birth x

It depends on your hospital policies. If there is a wireless monitor available at your hospital then even if you do have a drip you may be allowed in the water. I was induced with syntocinon for my first so I had continuous monitoring, and I still spent a couple hours labouring in water. Having the IV made it annoying to move around and get comfortable but it was still possible.

Not all hospitals allow it, mine didn't as the birthing pools were on the midwife led unit and inductions were all done on delivery suite. I was induced with just the gels last time and had a horrible midwife who said I needed continuous monitoring even though that should only be needed if you're on the drip. Standing my ground for intermittent monitoring if I'm induced again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->