5 month old clawing at face?!

Cupcake9596

Reaction score
For the past week, DD has not stopped rubbing/scratching her face - particularly around her eyes! It's left her with awful cuts that look very painful. She is teething and has one tooth, and another bulging under the gum so I don't know if the rubbing is teething related or not. Has anyone experience this? Other than putting mitts on her again, I'm not sure how to stop her!

Eta - I always keep her nails short to try and minimise injury.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
Has she got a runny nose or weepy eyes? Both my children have hay fever and need piriton when the pollen causes them bother. Just a thought as i havent noticed my children rubbing their face with teething, they just scream and cry lol. x

No she hasn't got either. I suffer really badly from hayfever myself so that did cross my mind! I have no idea what's causing it - she also rubs her feet together vigourosuly but I'm not sure whether the two are related - very frustrating!

Mine does it all the time. Particulary when tired/hungry basically generally irritated. When she is content she doesnt touch her face at all

My LO is constantly scratching too and has similar cut near his eye. I cut nails ( why do babies nails grow soooo fast lol). My LO doesn't sleep so is over tired a lot, that's when he attacks his face, behind ears, head (you should see how many bloody scabs he has there) and neck but the poor guy does have bad eczema

sorry don't have much advice other than mitts and clipping nails. Hopefully they'll grow out of it soon x

My LO used to do that but has stopped in the last few weeks. She will claw the back of her neck when tired but that's it. Hopefully your LO will grow out of it too! Now she claws at MY face when she is nursing. I have a giant cut on my nose from her!

She has been very irritable due to the teething so I'm wondering if it's all down to that. Baby nails grow at inhuman rates :haha: I keep getting comments from my FIL telling me I need to cut them shorter - any shorter and I'll be taking the tip of her fingers off! Arghhh

My baby did the feet rubbing thing. It was just a phase. He has similar cuts on the side of his nose from rubbing his eyes when tired. It all sounds pretty normal if there is nothing else going on. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->