5 month still had tongue thrust but wants solids??

M

Mrsb3

Lo is 5 month and still has the tongue thrust reflex BUT is showing signs of weening ie: sitting up, grabbing my food, weighs a whopping 20lb she drinks my boob dry in 5 mins and gets very excited watching her 17 month old brother eat in his high chair so I tried her with some mashed up banana and she loves it even though most of it is being pushed out by her tongue. When I take the food away she cries for more so I'm a bit puzzled??? Weened my ds1 at 4 month 15 years ago as it was 4 month then and weened my last boy at 5 months and both lost the tongue thing at that age...

I think it a waste of food if she is still pushing it out. I would try once a week so you can see if it has gone and she doesnt feel too left out.

I'd leave it for another while personally.

My lo started this week at 22.5 weeks. Day one was a bit of my banana and later bit of pancake. Didn't get much from these. Day Two was preloaded spoon of porridge was she did swallow some. Later an avocado which she squashed so I put on toast and she sucked it all off. I also give her frozen milk for teething which she loves

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->