5 Months old today!

M

Miss406

My son has turned 5 months old today and has started solids. We briefly tried a couple of weeks ago but that didn't go very well. Last night I gave him some potatos and carrots and he ate the lot!
This morning he's had strawberry and banana porridge and again - ate the lot. He's always been a hungry baby so I am glad now that given a little time he's got the hang of it. He was way too young when I previously tried, these things are not to be rushed. He's very happily eating now and he just seems ready. I am so glad I didn't push it on him a few weeks ago (not that I would have, I'd of just persisted). But it was a sign he wasn't ready.

I know that technically he still has another month to go before he's recommended to have solids - but it's just that. A recommendation. Not the law. Some babies are just hungry babies. I gave up breast feeding at 6 weeks because of his hunger, he's on hungry milk and having a lot of milk, we're talking 8oz bottles every 2/3 hours if lucky. I'm pleased he's started solids - even if his nappies are well :oops:

We're starting slowly, not diving into 3 main meals with snacks a day, at the moment it's still a very slow process, he's had porridge for breakfast and will have dinner tonight, I'm slowly weaning him so as not to upset his stomach. So far his stomach is not upset. He enjoys it so much his legs kick out, he properly chomps on the food (it's smooth puree) and he genuinely feels excited about the flavours. I agree some babies may not be ready at 5 months, but some babies are - and my baby is one of those.

We've started at 20 weeks on recommendation and are doing 1 meal a day then 2 in a few days. She loves it

Absolutely. It's a lovely feeling when they start solids and they are ready and taking it well. Baby T is absolutely lapping it up. He had a rusk yesterday, he's had more porridge today. He loves fromais frais and even had a TINY bit of the birthday boys chocolate cake yesterday - again, loved it!

I'm avoiding sugar like the plague so we're sticking to veg and fruit here

Good to hear its working for u. My lo is a little over 5 months. I am going to have to have a hysterectomy soon...so I won't be able to breastfeed anymore...so I am trying food tomorrow for the first time! I am very nervous and excited!!!!!! :)

Good to hear its working for u. My lo is a little over 5 months. I am going to have to have a hysterectomy soon...so I won't be able to breastfeed anymore...so I am trying food tomorrow for the first time! I am very nervous and excited!!!!!! :)

Can they not give you any hormone treatments to keep your supply? Good luck for your hysterectomy, I am in desperate need of one but don't want to lose it for some reason, regardless it causes me pain and discomfort! Good luck on the starting solids :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->