5 week old Jekyl and Hyde????

MEPride

Reaction score
Sorry for a lot of posts. Ftm and there's no instruction manual!

My DD is 5 weeks and 3 days. Seems like over the last 4 (ish) days someone turned a light switch and my sweet baby who slept for 2 hour intervals and was quietly alert while awake has gone all Mr Hyde on me! She sleeps okay at night; no change there thank goodness!! But the daytime can be hellish! She is fussy all day long and nothing calms her except a pacifier or the breast. Even then it's for brief moments. She won't nap. Like, AT ALL won't nap. When she FINALLY falls asleep it may be for 10-20 minute intervals only and she's back to fussing again!!! What's going on?! And how do I hit the reset button??

Edit: I should add she isn't crying like a colicky baby. She is just fussy.

My DD won't nap very well during growth spurts and gets very hungry. She's just grown 2cm and had a big mental and physical leap.......!! Their teeth can ache on and off from a very young age as well but still not come through for months and months. It's all normal as PP said but it can be difficult to tell what's up. It usually passes but then comes back again at a later date. Then rinse and repeat lol

my almost 3 year old sill wakes in the night and is fussy they go though teething growth spurts ect its usually on and off for quite a while i know its all new but trust your instinct and carry on dong what your doing ;) xx

I think that at this point they're just waking up to the world and all the new stimuli around them. They find it overwhelming. I can recommend a sling! I have a close carrier and it's about the only way I can get my nearly 6 week old to take a decent nap.

Thanks a lot ladies! I never thought I'd say this but I prefer the sleepless nights compared to the fussy days! I'm looking forward to this phase passing quickly.

Sounds like she's going through her first leap. It doesn't help make it any easier to get through but the wonder weeks app can help you at least know what's going on to make her change.

I am sorry this is going on. It can be hard to watch when our little cherubs start acting like boogers, I have a 15 month old doing that now. Just try to keep things consistent with her and just keep loving her the best way you can and don't feel bad if you need to take a mommy time out, it's allowed lol

This happened to me with DD. She was a complete dream for the first 5 weeks, and then it was like someone hit a switch. She screamed upwards of 6-8 hours per day. This lasted until about 3 months when it calmed down to about 2 hours per day, and now at 3.5 months it's down to about 1 hour per day. I hope it passes quickly for you!

Thanks everyone! The day after I posted she slept almost all day and night, waking only to eat. The next morning she was a completely different baby. I had my sweet, calm baby back. But she was different. She was more AWARE of her surroundings and loves to stare and look at things. She got so much stronger overnight and is tracking with her eyes so much better. She started making new noises too! I think Holly ttc was right. Her first leap is now over. Now we have our baby back and are just back to her normal witching hours in the evening.

My dd2 is similar either really happy or really miserable! Everyone said it would change at 3 Months hmm it didn’t really got to 15 weeks & noticing slight improvement & I mean slight! Now everyone saying oh she’ll be better once sitting up looking round etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->