5 weeks 4 days fetal pole no heartbeat

jtyler612

Reaction score
Ultrasound tech said last ultrasound I was around 4 weeks. I have pcos so I don't know when I conceived. She said measuring the sac and it's not 100% accurate I'm 5+4. We saw a fetal pole with no HB but she said that's normal cause heart doesn't beat until week 6. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm excited and nervous!!

Yes. I had a ultrasound at 5 week and 1-3 days and we saw a sac and MAYBE a fetal pole. Had another ultrasound a week later and the baby was there with a good heartbeat!!

At 5w4d we barely saw anything except a sac. I had another scan at 5w6d and we saw the tiniest, slow flicker of a heartbeat. I had bleeding so I was being scanned regularly.

Amazing what a difference two days made! I'm sure you're fine. :)

If you take a look at the first page of my journal, you'll see my scans from 5w4d and 5w6d. Huge difference in my opinion. :)

Thank you ladies!!! I am feeling so relieved!! <3 it felt good to see baby because last week sac was empty. Such a blessing!!!

At 5w4d we saw yolk sac but no fetal pole. Went back 4 days later at 6w1d and saw baby and hb at 114bpm. At 7w3d we saw hb at 144bpm. Today at 8w5d we heard hb on home doppler at 155bpm.
I panicked after the 1st appointment, but 4 days made a huge difference.

We only saw a gestational sac all the way up until 6 weeks 2 days. They were scanning me every two days to rule out an ectopic since I'd had one previously so it's pretty amazing what 2 days can do during this time!

With my son, I had a scan at 5+1 and could only see gestational sac, 5+3 and could see fetal pole. I was scanned again at 6+2 and could see the heart beat. Good luck xx

Try and not stress yourself honey xo
They usually say the heartbeat can be found at 6+3, in some women it can be sooner, but they use this as a general rule of thumb.
If you start fretting too much about it, I'm sure you could ask for another one around 6+3. Sounds pretty normal though <3

Thank you all so much!!! You have really helped me feel so much better!!! I was relieved that we finally saw the fetal pole and bigger sac and the tech wasn't concerned at all about not seeing HB but in the back of my mind I was worried and now I am feeling so much better! Thank you all for giving me hope and making me feel better!!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->