5 weeks, brown discharge, ultrasound showed nothing :(

Erin Peters

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I got my bfp Monday Feb 25. Big surprise as we weren't trying (have 2 kids, thought we were done) and a week later, March 4 I got what I thought was intense gas Pains mixed with AF cramps. So bad they made me nauseated. About 2 hours later I go to the bathroom and there is a small watery spot of red blood, but then it quickly turns to brown...this is day 4 of me spotting brown and it's got some tissue or stringy stuff in it. Frers are getting darker and my hcg was doubling last we checked monday (same day this started) my midwife ordered and uktrasouUl and they could not find anything. Nothing ectopic and nothing in my uterus. I'm hoping it's too early as my hcg levels were low to start (77, 174, 584) which would put me around 1200 yesterday and I think to see anything you have to have levels of at least 1900?

It's the not knowing that is driving me crazy. I want this baby so badly now....why is there brown discharge?! I've been feeling fine since, the odd mild AF cramps but I had those with my other pregnancies too. Anyone offer some insight ? Been no red blood or clots. Help

It definitely could be too early to see anything on a scan and if your tests are getting darker, I would say that’s a good sign. Since the blood is brown means it’s old so it could be old implantation blood. Good luck and I hope you get answers soon!

5 weeks is to early to see much.
Ure tests are getting darker that's a good sign that ure HCG levels are rising.
It can be normol to have spotting in early pregnancy and id say the fact it hasn't gotten any heavier and ure tests are still getting darker are very very good sign.
I'm sure all will be fine and ure next scan ure see alot more. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->