5 weeks in...cramps, gas, zero sex drive.

Pulirula

Reaction score
Well I guess that headline pretty much nails it. I have having bouts of constipation and gas and really crampy. My hubs isn't enjoying that I want nothing to do with sex. When we were trying I was pretty much jumping him whenever I saw him. Now I'm just like, ya well I'm crampy and moody. Go shower LOL. Any ideas on getting my sex drive back or how to deal with these cramps??

Try morning sex, if you can! By the evening, I am bloated and gassy and tired and want nothing to do with it. In the morning, women generally have higher testosterone levels (don't know if this is true for pregnancy though) and this is better for sexual stuff.

Good luck because I feel the same way!

Tell him to just deal with it. You're growing an entire human being. He can "take care of himself" for a bit. I'm sure you'll feel back to normal in your 2nd trimester.

He's trying to quit dipping so he wants sex as a release. I will try morning sex and see if that works better. I'm generally not a morning person lol. I sat cuddled up with a hot water bottle which really helped my cramps.

Nope, sorry. Welcome to the club, though. When I'm in first trimester, we have sex about every other week. It sucks, but that's just how it is for me during this time. Morning sex is definitely better because once I'm in bed for the night, it is to sleeeeeeeep right now. lol... I feel for you & your partner, though. He should consider exercise to help a few days a week so maybe it will help him deal with a little less sex.

All of the above here too! Plus baby brain and sore boobs...

Been there Hun! I agree with the other ladies, mornings are better. My hubby has luckily been very understanding through my lack of a sex drive.

Oh ya the boobs are horrible! So swollen and feel like I want to put warning signs on me. My daughter hugs me and just it feels like they are going to pop lol. What sucks more is that like a week before I found out I was pregnant I got the PERFECT bra! Fit me just right and it was pretty too! Now they are to big for it. Actually got a bit teary eyed over it not fitting and hubs looked at me like I'm crazy. They just don't understand!

That bra thing happened to me with my first pregnancy! Bought a really nice bra, perfect fit, very sexy...will never, every wear that again. It was a 34 DDD. I am in 32 J/K, or 34 L/M (UK sizes). Long way from a DDD (US)!!

i wouldn't worry, im sure it will come back when you are feeling better.

This too shall pass. It won't be forever so he needs to find another release for now if you're not up for it.

I agree you just have to get it in where possible. I had terrible MS from week 6-10 so I think we maybe had sex 3 times in that 4 weeks! Now I'm just too tired by the end of the night so it's either morning or weekends through the day. It all depends on our 3 year old too lol..

Ya he'll get it when he gets it lol. Well at least most of us in the group will be our bigggest in the summer months! With my first I was due in December. Towards the end nothing fit me! I couldn't even zip my jacket and it gets cold where I am! This one will be all dressed and skirts :) I'm due in August!

Ya he'll get it when he gets it lol. Well at least most of us in the group will be our bigggest in the summer months! With my first I was due in December. Towards the end nothing fit me! I couldn't even zip my jacket and it gets cold where I am! This one will be all dressed and skirts :) I'm due in August!

Not me, I'm in Australia so bubs will be born in Winter which is fine by me :)

I am due in August and it gets HOT here, not looking forward to it.

I wouldn't be looking forward to it either. I also had my son in Winter (Due dates are only 3 weeks apart) and I loved it for a few reasons:

1. I felt like a whale so wearing big jumpers and jeans to 'cover up' made me feel more comfortable.
2. It meant I didn't have to go to work in Winter :haha:
3. It was easier to nap through the day while bub slept instead of it being stinking hot

Those are the main ones, I'm sure there are more. Our Winter days only get down to between 12-15deg (I just looked up that's 53-59 Fahrenheit) so it's not super cold and it doesn't snow in my State :)

I wouldn't be looking forward to it either. I also had my son in Winter (Due dates are only 3 weeks apart) and I loved it for a few reasons:

1. I felt like a whale so wearing big jumpers and jeans to 'cover up' made me feel more comfortable.
3. It was easier to nap through the day while bub slept instead of it being stinking hot

Those are the main ones, I'm sure there are more. Our Winter days only get down to between 12-15deg (I just looked up that's 53-59 Fahrenheit) so it's not super cold and it doesn't snow in my State :)

Our summers get usually mid to upper 90s (32-37), but with humidity the indexes are in the 105+ (40) range. Our winters are usually not that bad, but colder than yours, like in the 40s (4-5!) Ish during the day.

Our summers get usually mid to upper 90s (32-37), but with humidity the indexes are in the 105+ (40) range. Our winters are usually not that bad, but colder than yours, like in the 40s (4-5!) Ish during the day.

Our summers sound similar. I live in Tropical Queensland so summer is met with lovely 80-90% humidity - very muggy and sticky. Hence why I don't want to be heavily pregnant in Summer hehe days are anywhere between 35-38 degrees!!

I'm in the norther United States. Winters are usually brutal and summers have a few weeks of 90 plus head but it's usually in the 80s. Either way I'm not meant for the cold and snow I like the heat. My tune might change when I actually look like the beachball!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->