5 weeks preganant, stressed and cramping, very anxious!

IsisMoon9

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help? I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant (miracle bfp after 2.5 years and low sperm count) and as the title says I'm very stressed and I'm worried that this will have a negative impact on my pregnancy. My sister is currently having ivf (she has just had her first transfer and is now in the two week wait), I'm so nervous of telling her I'm pregnant. I'm not sure whether to tell her now or to wait, as I don't want to put any unnecessary stresses on her during this time.

However, it's upsetting me so much I don't know what to do. Now I've started having cramps low down in my tummy and have starting leaking quite a lot of watery cm and have been dry up until now, I can't help being anxious, I'm a natural worrier but now I'm frightened that I may be causing damage to my own pregnancy. It was exactly 10 years ago I was pregnant with my son and have forgotten what it feels like.

Any info or help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you all and good luck to everyone.

cramping is very normal and so is an increase in cm you will get that all the way through I used to wear a panty liner!! as for telling your sister id tell her now before she finds out as god forbid she gets a bfn then it will hurt her a lot more I think I really hope she gets her bfp!! and just try to relax xx

Thank you for your quick reply, it's nice to know these things are normal. I think I will tell her before,that is good advice, although I know it will be hard for her to hear after all her treatment, I just don't want to add to all the pressure she is under now.

Thank you again for replying.

hun you have had your own struggle so nothing to feel guilty about xxx

Hi, I am 5+3 and experiencing loads of cramps. I also posted asking if it was normal and everyone has reassured me its normal and just need to relax a bit.
I am in a slightly similar boat where my sister is desperate for a family. Unfortunately she is unable to have children and this time in particular I dreaded telling her. I did however feel that I should tell her as soon as I knew because prolonging it made me feel guiltier for lying.
In the end I told her when I got my digi +. I know it hurt when I told her but she said she was grateful to hear as soon as possible.
Sorry you are in the situation your in and I hope she also gets her BFP xx

Thank you both so much for replying, feeling a lot calmer now :). It's always going to be a tough one with sisters and its weighing too much on me that I should tell her.

Thank you for your encouragement and advice, it's great to have people to talk to about this. Thank you for the positive thoughts for my sister too.

Xxx

All I can say is that she will be happy for you deep down. Obviously if your sister doesn't get the positive result, she will be upset and All you can do is support her as best as you can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->