5 weeks - red spotting after uti medication??

jmr87

Reaction score
Hello all.
I am currently 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant with my first. Only symptoms ive had has been thirst (throat can become painful if I dont carry water with me), occasional heartburn after eating, nasal congestion/stuffiness, and Very very very dry skin.
Well yesterday I had some burning while using the restroom and knew it could be dangerous for the baby so I went to urgent care and they prescribed some antibiotics for a uti (nitrofurantoin). I took my first dose last night and a little less than a hour later I had exactly one cramp and went to the bathroom to wipe and saw 3 or 4 tiny spots of blood. Not brown but bright red/deep pink. My sister told me to lay down and I took it easy for the night. Haven't seen any spots at all since then but I'm very paranoid right now. If it makes any difference I was in california at the time and it was a very hot dry day that I spent mostly out doing things. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Thank you all!

Hi there, just to let you know that I have been on the same drug for 5 days last wk (when I was around 5wks pregnant). I personally didn't have any issues with spotting but everyone may have a different reaction to the same drug. Sorry not to be able to help further x

My sister had spotting after a uti in pregnancy. Her dd is now 15 months! good luck hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->