5 year old has a 2cm mass above her sternum

faith2015

Reaction score
So last week I took my DD to the doctor to make sure her cold was just a cold (sure enough it was just a head cold/allergies) But during her visit the doc was examining her and found a 2cm mass right in the middle of where your collar bones comes together above the sternum under the neck (kinda a sunken hole)

I am freaking out!!! We go tomorrow for an ultra sound, but I have lost so many hours of sleep just thinking my baby is not okay :cry:

Being a mother is one of the most difficult jobs. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope that this is not a major issue and is something that can easily be taken care of. Let me know how the appointment goes. :hug:

Every mothers worst nightmare! Thank you ladies

Try not to freak yourself out I know it is virtually impossible but try and see what the ultrasound comes back with. people often get all kinds of lumps and bumps which are nothing . keep us posted xx

Well they did the ultra sound and of course they wouldn't give me the results. I have to call her doctors tomorrow for the results. I hope that doesn't mean it's bad :(

I would assume its because they need to give them to the Doctor before you so he can tell you? Im not sure if the ultrasound techs are allowed to give out results x

Just got a call from pediatrician, we have to make an appointment with the ENT to confirm which type of cyst it is. Its either dermoid cyst, suprahyoid thyroglossal duct cyst. Either way it goes it will have to be removed and then tested again to triple check that its not cancerous.

Im glad you have some more information and its being removed x

I'm glad you got a response. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a cyst and nothing more. :hug:

I'm glad you got a response. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a cyst and nothing more. :hug:

We have an appointment with the ENT saturday

How did the appointment go?

I guess it went as well as it can. Since the mass in deep in the tissue its hard to tell if its a tumor or an cyst until they put her under and remove the mass. They are unsure of the size now. So I am fighting with my insurance because the codes the doctor gave them are really far apart of each other. So right now I am working with my insurance to understand that we don't know anything until after its removed. Its weird because all of the codes are covered, so I am unsure of why their is an issue.

I am trying to stay strong!!!!!

Stay strong and have faith. I hope you get everything settled with your insurance company. They can be such a hassle to deal with.

Stay strong and have faith. I hope you get everything settled with your insurance company. They can be such a hassle to deal with.

Smille24 - So i finally have everything figured out!!!! Surgery is the 13th!! Ughhh I hope this stress doesnt hurt my TTC either :dohh:

I'll keep praying for you guys. Keeping my fingers crossed everything goes good.

really hope all turns out well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->