5 year old "humping"

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Is this normal?

I've caught her doing what I can only describe as humping on a few occasions and to be honest I don't know how to handle it. My husband has noticed her doing it a few times and said he's also caught her scratching/rubbing herself. She was sat in the kitchen earlier being too quiet so I poked my head round and she was under the dining table in her den rubbing herself against her quilt so I didn't make a big deal of it I just asked her to come and sit in the living room with me and she hasn't done it since.

Do I talk to her about it? Ignore it? I'm completly stumped and a little bit embarrassed

Could she have thrush? Especially since your DH has seen her scratching? Just something that came to my mind straight away.

Could she have thrush? Especially since your DH has seen her scratching? Just something that came to my mind straight away.

I did ask her gently what she was doing and she said her bum was itchy so that could be a possibility. She also said it stings when she goes for a wee but she was too shy to tell us.

I would take her to the doctor tomorrow then, sounds like she could have a uti

hi my 5 year old son does this but has done from been a toddler we are at a loss how to handle it or to tell him to stop

If it's hurting or sore then yes she needs a doctor appointment. However it is totally normal for them to hump for pleasure/self calming/ exploration. My girl announced "when I do this [rub against the coffee table] it's all tickley". I said "yes it's tickley there for all girls". Lots of kids automatically know to keep it private but some need a bit of guidance on privacy in general.

If it's not an infection she has probably just figured out it feels good. Even little kids masturbate, it's normal exploration. If that's what it turns out to be maybe just have a gentle chat with her about it being totally fine to do but keep it for when she has privacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->