5 year old present that doesn't add to toy clutter

SarahBear

Reaction score
I have a neighbor who will be celebrating her 5th birthday soon. I want to get her something that is easy and not too costly. I also want to try to avoid simply adding to toy clutter. I know how bad toy clutter can get and the mom has expressed how they do have too many toys.

Any ideas?

I'm wondering about books... We have a couple duplicates. Any other ideas?

We love books, or craft activities x

Books are good- we always appreciate them. How about some cinema or soft play vouchers? They don't take up space and can be used as and when throughout the year etc. A kids magazine subscription? Or clothes? Or a little hamper of her favourite food treats. I did this for my niece at Christmas and it included all her favourite snacks and treats, and goodies. Or a lttle girls night in hamper... some pjs, a dvd, a magazine, some goodies (popcorn, chocolates), a little nail varnish? xx

I was going to suggest arts and crafts stuff :). That's about all my DD does (she's 6) and has been for a while. She loves anything crafty

I was going to suggest arts and crafts stuff :). That's about all my DD does (she's 6) and has been for a while. She loves anything crafty

They have lots of arts and craft stuff, but maybe buying a specific craft instead of general supplies would be appreciated.

Books and Arts and crafts. I requested all friends and family not to buy him toys on his 5th birthday xx

Maybe board games? DS loves monopoly junior & UNO

What about an experience or tickets somewhere?? I ended up getting my daughter a VIP pass to a Barbie LIVE. She loved it and it was a nice girls day out for us.

My DD had some Magic Mermaid Bath Fizzers for Christmas, she loves them! She also got Spiderman ones that change the colour of the bath.

Also loved the bathroom set she got, was a toothbrush, cup and little mirror.

Made a nice change from toys

My DD had some Magic Mermaid Bath Fizzers for Christmas, she loves them! She also got Spiderman ones that change the colour of the bath.

Also loved the bathroom set she got, was a toothbrush, cup and little mirror.

Made a nice change from toys

My boys love this stuff, too, and my older son is 4 1/2. If he still loves it, I'm sure a 5 yr old would too. I know walmart and target have the bath color tablets, I believe they have the Crayola ones and are with the bubble bath stuff usually.

Arts and crafts stuff is really good for that age. My niece is 6, and has been massively into arts and crafts since around age 4. For Christmas I got her a set of decorative tape that she can use to decorate her things with, like the paper book covers on her school books (from Kohls). She apparently loves it, and has been decorating all of her personal belongings according to my sister. Something like that I'm sure would go over great.

Books are a good choice. I would get some nice ones for school aged children. I've been slowly replacing my DD's toddler books with older books and it's rather pricey.

You could make a nice basket with fun bath supplies and hair accessories. My DD doesn't feel dressed without a bow or headband. Plus you can never have too many elastics, they are always stretching out and we need new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->