5 year old sore tummy

CandyDay

Mom of 2
Reaction score
My son threw up one week ago during a four hour period of time. Then over the past week he has complained of a sore tummy. He has had diarreah on about 3 different days. He is still complaining of a sore tummy. Would you take him to the doctors or would you wait longer to see if it sorts itself out?
My other LO also had the throwing up and I had an upset stomach as well this week but mine only lasted one day.

If it's truly just residual feelings from being sick- there is really nothing they can do, but, it certainly can't hurt to have him looked at to make sure. Might make him feel better? Never know. Could you just call for advise? That's what we did- and were told unless they get dehydrated (which rarely happens), they can't do anything but ride it out. Keep up the fluids etc...

My LO had a tummy bug and was sick off and on for 24hrs- it was horrible, and it took a good week for her to really get "back to normal" as she then got diarrhea- and wouldn't eat as much as normal for days. It was a rough time (we all ended up getting it). I would say just over a week is when I finally started to feel better- my tummy was a bit off for a good week after. So he's most likely just still off- but should be better soon.

:hugs:

It can take quite a while to feel normal again and if he was violently sick for a long time then I'm not surprise his tummy doesn't feel good.
It's probably worth seeing the doctor though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->