5minute feedings?

I'm a first time BF-er so by no means am I an expert! But out pediatrician told us as long as baby is satisfied and gaining weight then they're good. Also if they're wetting their diapers and having bowel movements! They'll eat when they're hungry. My DD is 2 weeks too a few days ago she would only feed for 10 mins tops and today she's back to 20+ mins.

He certainly seems to be thriving in terms of weight gain. Maybe he is just very efficient feeder! If he is producing awe soiled nappies every day and also couple of really wet nappies then probably ok. My LO sometimes has 5 minutes but other times will have 20-25. He has a soiled nappy after each feed and produces quite a lot of wee (often on himself!)

I used to think this too with my first born. He would feed maximum 7 minutes, average 4 minutez. This lo is exactly the same only feeding around 5 minutes a time but she is gaining weight brilliantly so im not too worried :)

My dd does this too (not even 5 days old yet)...I'm pretty sure its called " cluster feeding". As long as they have enough pee/poop diapers than ur good! :)

My little girl has been like this from day 1, always feeding on one breast only for around 5 minutes, or 10 at the most. If I try to give her more, she won't take it, and sometimes even gets angry with me! My boob always feels really soft when she has finished. I asked my HV and was told (as someone has said above) that for some babies this is normal and they are just efficient feeders.

My baby is 8 weeks and has consistently gained absolutely loads of weight.

As long as yours keeps gaining well, producing lots of wet nappies, and seems content after feeds, you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Enjoy having a little more free time than most mums! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->