5th Birthday Party

Scout

Reaction score
DD turns 5 in May and I've started to think about her party. She is in PreK this year with about 22 other kiddos in her class. Daughter wants to have the party at home, but I wonder if kids will show up. I only know one other mom, so I don't know how comfortable people would be showing up to a virtual stranger's home for a party. What do you think? I've suggested we have it at a local park as I think people would more likely show up there than at someone's home, but dd really wants it at home.

Her previous parties have all been at home, but they've been family parties since she didn't have friends yet. I'd be okay, and dd would be too, if only a few kids showed up, but I really worry that none will. We went to one child's party early in the year (it was at the park) and we were the only ones to show. So, Idk. I wouldn't mind a home party since we have lots the kids could do and it would be easier for me, but I don't want dd disappointed. Thoughts??

I would take my child if they had a proper invite so I knew it was a genuine party and not just word of mouth

I would take my child if they had a proper invite so I knew it was a genuine party and not just word of mouth

Thanks. I was planning to send invitations with her to school for her teacher to give out to everyone.

I don't really see what the problem would be. A generation or two ago, people always had parties at home! It's so weird to me that people don't do that anymore. Anyway, Violet had her 5th birthday at the house. She wanted it at a venue like everyone else, but I'm not interested in spending that kind of money.

Edit: Oh, and to clarify, she didn't just invite everyone in class. She invited friends from class as well as kids from the year before. I'm not a fan of parties where you just blindly invite the whole class. I also invited by phone call.

My kids parties are all at home also, as mine were as a child.

I would certainly take Sophie to a party if she got an invite, even though I've only seen and not spoken to the other parents. I know lots of the kids pretty well though.

Thanks. I do feel a bit better about having it at home. I think if at least 2 kids show, daughter will have fun. This is just an odd year as she transitions from family only parties to wanting classmates at parties, and her school has an, 'invite the entire class', policy if you send invitations to school, and since I don't know any of the parents, that's what I'll be doing. I wish she had friends outside of school, or we had young family members.

Thanks. I do feel a bit better about having it at home. I think if at least 2 kids show, daughter will have fun. This is just an odd year as she transitions from family only parties to wanting classmates at parties, and her school has an, 'invite the entire class', policy if you send invitations to school, and since I don't know any of the parents, that's what I'll be doing. I wish she had friends outside of school, or we had young family members.

I hate those policies. Parties are so much more kid-friendly and personal when kids invite their friends and not just a huge crowd of peers regardless of relationship to your child. Perhaps next year try to collect phone numbers prior to her birthday so that you can just invite her friends and do the invite over the phone? I'm going to have to deal with this issue next year, I think... I'll have to figure out a way around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->