5w6d ultrasound no fetal pole, PLEASE help!

andreaford890

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound on the 16th at 5w6d...a gestational sac and yolk sac were visible but no fetal pole. This seemed encouraging and I have a follow up scan on the 23rd to confirm viability. I had a blighted ovum this summer so I am feeling very anxious. I had morning sickness...nausea no vomiting pretty much every day and now at 6w2d I woke up feeling fine. I am so worried that this pregnancy is going to end badly too. Has anyone else had a similar experience? My hcg levels at 5w1d were 4291 and 5w3d 8590 so I had expected to see more on the ultrasound. Any help would be so appreciated.

I'm going through something similar, I'm not as far along as you possibly. But if I go by my LMP I'm maybe 6 weeks. But they see no gestational sac or proof of pregnancy at all. So I know the limbo.
But with my only living child, I had no nausea even though my hormones were insanely high. So I don't think that's any indication.
But I do know that its terrifying until they find the fetal pole, then the heartbeat, then keeping the heartbeat.
I had a terrible miscarriage at 4 months, so once something has happened, even a blighted ovum, its hard to put your guard down

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks during this pregnancy and saw only a gestational sac and yolk sac. I've also had a blighted ovum before and with my son never had such an early scan, so I was scared. At 7 weeks, saw the fetal pole, heartbeat, everything :)
I'm 27 weeks now and the baby has consistently measured 5 days behind, so I suppose she was a late implanter. I hope you see a baby with a beating heart soon!

I had that this pregnancy. Had an ultrasound at 6 weeks (ish) and they could only see a yolk sac. I was paranoid about a blighted ovum, and I had next to no symptoms. I went for a repeat scan nearly ten days later and saw a beautiful little jelly bean with a heartbeat. I'm not 31 weeks and that little bean is not so little anymore. Good luck xx

With my last pregnancy I had a scan at 5w6d exactly and saw nothing but a perfect little gestational sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. The tech didn't seem concerned, but I spent the rest of my first trimester convinced that I was carrying a blighted ovum. When I finally had my NT scan at 11 weeks, I was in tears to see my perfect little fetus on the screen. That fetus is now napping on the bed next to me. She will be 2 weeks old in the morning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->