5weeks mc - yesterday.

vonz

Mom to a boy and girl :)
Reaction score
I all, I'm new to this thread. We jus had a mc yesterday on 21feb2011 at 5 weeks pregnancy and had a massive cry. E gynae said that we could try again after my AF/next cycle comes. My period is pretty irregular at 31-48days.. Should we continue to try before the AF or should I wait until my AF comes, possibly after 4-6weeks? Lost..

i am so sorry for your loss. some people do try before the first AF i know i have an i am now to scared to test. alot wait for that first cycle to come though and perhaps if that is what your doctor has suggested. but ultimatley its your decision to make

i am so sorry for your loss. some people do try before the first AF i know i have an i am now to scared to test. alot wait for that first cycle to come though and perhaps if that is what your doctor has suggested. but ultimatley its your decision to make

Hi Niamh, appreciate your prompt gentle response :) I am not sure if it will even be successful to try before the first AF, the doctor didnt disadvise us to stop trying, he just said we could continue to have normal sex, and to try after AF and it will be ok. so am not sure if it will even be useful if we dtd before the normal AF... have u known of pple who got pregnant again before the AF?

i have heard some women on here say that it happened like that, but don't know anyone personally. why don't you and your partner carry on asnormal just having sex but not trying i.e testing for ovulation etc and then if it happens it does but no pressure on you for this month, which will help give you the time to heal mentally and physically. i know some woman don't ovulate after MC till hormone levels are normal mine went back down very quickly.

i have heard some women on here say that it happened like that, but don't know anyone personally. why don't you and your partner carry on asnormal just having sex but not trying i.e testing for ovulation etc and then if it happens it does but no pressure on you for this month, which will help give you the time to heal mentally and physically. i know some woman don't ovulate after MC till hormone levels are normal mine went back down very quickly.

yea im not sure if i should go on contraceptives before the normal AF as im not sure if the chances for miscarriages are higher if one gets pregnant before normal AF?? sighs...

I also miscarries at 5 weeks...the doc said we should wait until the first AF but onlly for dating reasons... I'm sure your hormones will go back to normal pretty quick

Unfortunately we did not get pregnant that cycle - which doesn't surprise me because it took us 7 months to conceive the first time...

If your body isn't ready to support the pregnancy it won't allow the egg to implant...I say go for it! Don't worry too much about OPK's and stuff but don't try to prevent pregnancy either...

I've miscarry last November at 11weeks and 6 days but now I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I waited until my 1st AF and I didn't think I get pregnant that quick.

Hi there,
I am in my first "cycle" after a m/c at the end of Jan (at 6 weeks exactly)
We were also told that they suggested we wait until after first af as it helps them date the pregnancy but there was no harm to just try so we are ntnp.
We are on day 34 from miscarriage now but I know it took about 2 weeks for my levels to go back to 0. My normal cycle is 32 days so normally I'd be testing about now but this time I am going to wait until about day 45 and try then if AF hasn't shown up.
:hugs: Its a hard time - don't be afraid of feeling sad. I'm so much better now, but had a heartbraking moment yesterday when someone at work announced they were having a grand-child due when my little one would have been due.
Double whammy - not only do I miss my pregnancy but it made me realise that I would be able to tell people now if I was still pregnant :-(

hi i have always waited till after 1st af bcos it can sumtimes take a while 4 ur hcg levels 2 go back down, also 2 give my body 2 time 2 recover. Gl with ur next pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->