6 days late, 3 faint pos, 1 neg and a positive opk!

Fire_fly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm a new member to this site and just looking for a bit of advice, hopefully I've posted in the right place!

My period is now 6 days late, i've had 2 faint positives with early detection tests (cheapy ones) then this morning a negative first response. I had one ovulation strip left, used it today and it came back positive! The test line was just as dark as the control line. Has anyone else had this before? Thanks in advance :flower:

Hi everyone, i'm a new member to this site and just looking for a bit of advice, hopefully I've posted in the right place!

My period is now 6 days late, i've had 2 faint positives with early detection tests (cheapy ones) then this morning a negative first response. I had one ovulation strip left, used it today and it came back positive! The test line was just as dark as the control line. Has anyone else had this before? Thanks in advance :flower:

Sorry, title meant to say 2 faint pos.

On the positives did you wait past the recommended time? alot of the "cheap tests" will give a false positive if you wait past it, AKA and hour after taken. as far as the ovulation strip that just tells you when your ovulating so if it's positive then your ovulating and not pregnant unless you had sex recently and even then need that 20-25% in your corner.

I would wait till a missed period and test again, and if your still getting "weird results" you can always get a blood test for your doctor or a clinic. Good luck hun!

On the positives did you wait past the recommended time? alot of the "cheap tests" will give a false positive if you wait past it, AKA and hour after taken. as far as the ovulation strip that just tells you when your ovul ating so if it's positive then your ovulating and not pregnant unless you had sex recently and even then need that 20-25% in your corner.

I would wait till a missed period and test again, and if your still getting "weird results" you can always get a blood test for your doctor or a clinic. Good luck hun![/QUOTE

Hi there, thanks for replying. I was six days late when I posted this, I'm now 17. Turns out it wasn't a positive pok, I showed my oh and he agreed while it was dark. It was still a little lighter than the control line. Yeah the positives came up within time limit but they were the same brand tests and upon googling them. Turns out there not that great. All my other tests were negative, including two digitals
Period still not here and the doctor wouldn't help me when I went as she says hpts are accurate. Haven't tested since 11 days late.

ok your over two weeks late and haven't got your period, and if you tell your doctor you want to have a blood test cause your getting inaccurate results in home testing she shouldn't say no. If she is...time to get another doctor who will listen to you instead of trying to make you do things they want. If you want to cheekly remind her of this it might be a good idea.

Now there are two possibilities to this that don't involve you actually being pregnant. One, you ovulated late and hence your period is "still going though" the TWW, and if your old it's more than likely because or cycles start to change around our 30's. Two, you started to stress about it more than usual, each day making you more worried and more self convinced and your body will take that as a sign and be like "OH! wee need to do this? ok! *creates symptoms and hold out on cycle*."

However, you could be pregnant or going through "chemical pregnancy" in which you got pregnant but for some reason, the egg didn't stick or it's having issues and giving you both positives and negatives. In either case i would truly get a blood test done to check because you will have a much more accurate result.

Again if your doctor is giving you beef for it, tell her you want it regardless and it would help your "peace of mind". Stick to your guns and don't let them try and deter you.

ok your over two weeks late and haven't got your period, and if you tell your doctor you want to have a blood test cause your getting inaccurate results in home testing she shouldn't say no. If she is...time to get another doctor who will listen to you instead of trying to make you do things they want. If you want to cheekly remind her of this it might be a good idea.

Now there are two possibilities to this that don't involve you actually being pregnant. One, you ovulated late and hence your period is "still going though" the TWW, and if your old it's more than likely because or cycles start to change around our 30's. Two, you started to stress about it more than usual, each day making you more worried and more self convinced and your body will take that as a sign and be like "OH! wee need to do this? ok! *creates symptoms and hold out on cycle*."

However, you could be pregnant or going through "chemical pregnancy" in which you got pregnant but for some reason, the egg didn't stick or it's having issues and giving you both positives and negatives. In either case i would truly get a blood test done to check because you will have a much more accurate result.

Again if your doctor is giving you beef for it, tell her you want it regardless and it would help your "peace of mind". Stick to your guns and don't let them try and deter you.[/QUOTE

Hi, I tested again yesterday afternoon and this morning, a faint but visible pink second line on both. Apparantly with my long cycles and date of last period, I would be five weeks along unless I ovulated later than I think
Going back to docs on Monday and telling them I want a blood test.

Added a couple of photos, not sure how well it'l show. Thanks x

Can't really tell from the pictures with the light, but good on you for going to doctors on monday and getting blood work done. If it comes back negative don't worry hun your probably just a bit wonky with Ovulation and it'll come soon. just try and relax and let science do it's job. Good luck!

How did this turn out? Going thru similar myself

On the positives did you wait past the recommended time? alot of the "cheap tests" will give a false positive if you wait past it, AKA and hour after taken. as far as the ovulation strip that just tells you when your ovul ating so if it's positive then your ovulating and not pregnant unless you had sex recently and even then need that 20-25% in your corner.

I would wait till a missed period and test again, and if your still getting "weird results" you can always get a blood test for your doctor or a clinic. Good luck hun![/QUOTE

Hi there, thanks for replying. I was six days late when I posted this, I'm now 17. Turns out it wasn't a positive pok, I showed my oh and he agreed while it was dark. It was still a little lighter than the control line. Yeah the positives came up within time limit but they were the same brand tests and upon googling them. Turns out there not that great. All my other tests were negative, including two digitals
Period still not here and the doctor wouldn't help me when I went as she says hpts are accurate. Haven't tested since 11 days late.

so, this is a sensitive topic, but this happened to me once. I had an early faint line followed in days after by only negatives and 48 or so extra days to my cycle. I spoke to my Dr. and they said it was most likely an early miscarriage and my cycles trying to reset after. I had wonky cycles for the next two months Once AF did finally show. That may not be your case, but it could be. Either way, I hope things regulate soon.

sorry, didn't realize this post was weeks old. hope all is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->