6 month old and cot bumper

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
jacks going into his own cot tonight in his big boys room :cry:

now hes a very mobile 6 month old and hes never used his cot shoul i remove the cot bumper??????

Caitlyn doesnt have a cot bumper. She moves around too much. I'd be too paranoid she choked in it or something.

xxx

Jasmine has a cot bumper and I have no intention of removing it.... all the ties are notted and it is tucked inbettween the mattress and bars.

Caitlyn doesnt have a cot bumper. She moves around too much. I'd be too paranoid she choked in it or something.

xxx

thats what im worried about as he can crawl around

I think once they are mobile its best to remove it, otherwise you'll spend all night worrying about it!

i got a lovely one given me but it said not to be used when they can sit up so ive never used it xx

The cot bumper is at the top of the cot and Jack is at the bottom and he barely goes half way up :D

Charlotte has had hers in since the day she was born (well, was in there before actually!) and we've never removed it. She has freaked me out a bit a time or two by being asleep with her face smooshed up against it, but she likes to sleep with her face smooshed up against anything she can get ahold of...and if it's just the mattress than it's just the mattress...odd baby!

I'm only using my bumper pads on my crib until baby starts moving around in her sleep/becomes mobile.. after that I'll take them off. Would find myself worrying too much.

However, my mum used them the entire time we were in the crib.. they weren't as taboo back then I guess, and we were okay.. but I think it's just best to eliminate as many risks as you can.

i have a different kind of padding on my crib... its more to keepher legs and arms from getting stuck. instead of being a thick pad.. its just a thin mesh like material... much safer with pretty much no hazzard risk.
https://jollyjumper.com/cat1/popup_507.html

I never used cot bumpers heard to many horror stories. But I think it is best to remove it once LO can move about.

well i took it ou before i put him down and have put it back in now hes up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->