• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 month old losing interest in bf?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
Guys I'm really struggling with my child! Not sure what's going on but during the day when I'm feeding him his constantly unlatching the min I have a let down, doesn't stay on them for long I think his at the age where his very easily distracted. It seems like a battle to get him to feed as I'm sure he does want to but sometimes I feel like I'm forcing him?

I now feel I have mastitis (fever and muscle pain) I had to take painkillers twice yesterday and breast hurt and feel full. I'm always leaking now cause his just not feeding much throughout the day. Night time is ok.

He has started solids but it's not like he eats so much to stop breastfeeding. I don't remember this with my first at all.

I'm just in pain with my boobs and feel crap which I believe it's down to his feeding cutting down. Will I end up drying up or producing less because this has been going on for a while now :/

Oh my dd2 went through this. She is finally starting to eat longer periods without pulling off. She would want to just but get so distracted she'd be on and off until I finally gave up. If I didn't feel like she emptied me enough then I'd pump just a tad. I'm so sorry you have mastitis! That is so miserable. Will he take a sippy cup or bottle? If you think it would be easier, you could pump and feed just a couple times instead. Otherwise, what was suggested to me was to go into a darker room that is very quiet and try nursing there. That was impossible for me with two other young children but might be a possibility for you? Good luck! That was so difficult for me.. I almost gave up it was so annoying so I understand the frustration. :hugs:

Now that she isn't so distracted she will not quit moving when nursing haha it's like she wants to crawl around when nursing.. It's always something haha

I need to nurse my LO in a dark room with the white noise machine on, I call it her sensory deprivation chamber. She is way too distracted to nurse anywhere else, although she is slowly starting to get better if she is hungry enough.

If you suspect you have mastitis you should visit the doctor to get antibiotics, without them you could develop an abscess or sepsis.

I've been through this with Sterling recently. He would always pull off and seem to be distracted and the only time he would eat would be when we were in bed at night. My supply ended up tanking and it took a few weeks to get that back in check. It only lasted a week and a half though and then he was back to nursing like a champ almost every hour. It almost seemed as if he was on a calm nursing strike... he was refusing to nurse, but he was calm about it haha. I would pump to keep your supply where it needs to be and to relieve and further prevent mastitis and clogged ducts.

James is the same. He gets so distracted and doesn't have much interest in feeding until he is starving. Holly actually feeds more than him still, lol. He does make up for it at night though.

I find that taking him into a dark room will sometimes he'll as there is nothing to distract him so he can focus more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->