6 month old sick after food HELP!!!

lewlew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We started weaning our LO at 5 ½ months on baby rice, mashed up veg, banana etc and for 2 weeks everything was progressing well. However all of a sudden he was sick (a lot) after one of his meals which shocked us (and him!) as he’s never been ill before. We were advised by the doctor to leave him off all food for a week and put him back on breast milk and then try again. We then tried him on solids again but after 3 or so hours was sick again. We went back to the doctors who believed that it could be a virus and to wait another week. We did this and gave him food yesterday which again came back up!

We are now waiting for a hospital appointment as the Doctor doesn’t know what it could be. My wife and I are at our wits end as he cannot keep down solids and has started to lose weight.

Has anybody experienced this before? Any help or advice would be great as we are panicking slightly!:(

Thanks
Craig

A similar thing happened to my son when we started weaning him onto purees and he was very ill. Apparently, in rare cases weaning can cause severe reflux if the baby is not quite ready for solids. We were advised to stop weaning him for a few weeks, then to start again with finger foods rather than purees. He refused to eat until he was about 10 months old but was fine after that.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Thats great, thanks for the response.

We have started him again on baby rice but only giving him a couple of mouthfulls, which he managed to keep down. If the same thing happens again I think the best thing to do would be to hold off solids for a while.

Thanks again.

Does your drink much milk at a time ? reason i ask is mine doesnt and never has since movin on to solids she as been sick loads and loads and we have found out she is lactose intolarant x

Hi Everyone,

It appears that we have managed to find the cause of our Son being sick after food. The Doctor put it down to a virus but he has been sick today which is the first time since I made the original post back in December. We have norrowed it down to bannana, funnily enough as he hasnt had it for 2 months and then a couple of hours after a mouthful today he was sick.

We're pleased in a way that we have solved it, but cant understand why he is having this reaction to banaana, strange!

Other than this weaning has been going fantasically - He loves egg, cous cous and strawberry yoghurt and hates potato (and all baby pots, purees etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->