6 month old suddenly gagging on solids

JoJoB

Reaction score
Hi, my 6 month baby has been having pureed solids for 5 weeks now due to bad reflux. He took to it great and we have never had any problems. Until now.... He has suddenly started gagging then vomits his milk up he has had previously. We haven't changed anything and he was fine until 3 days ago. Any ideas?! X

Kids that age still haven't gotten full control of when they breathe and when the swallow. Or maybe he was already full and didn't want to swallow the scoop of food that you gave him?

My LO did this, for quite a while. I cant remember what age he was though. But we finally decided it happened because of one of 2 reasons (sometimes one, sometimes the other) 1. Because he was full or 2. Because when we were starting to introduce "smooth with lumps"/"textured" food, if it came on a spoon (baby pasta in sauce for example) then he thought he could just swallow it without mushing it about first, which made him gag. It is possible that baby isn't 100% ready and maybe you need to try taking a stel back for a couple of weeks/a month. Maybe smaller amounts of solids more often?

Our LO only did this if the pureed food had ANY little lumps in it. :)

My lo gaga. Reflux can cause it but gagging on own can. It working out which.
My lo had reflux early on. Was under control until on solids when she was sick all time. Med helped but can still happen but I know it isn't reflux

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->