6 months and bf after baby illness

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

My lo is 6.5 months now but has been il for the past 3 weeks. She is almost better but spent 7 days in hospital being tube fed and on oxygen due to nasty respiratory bug. She stopped feeding altogether and it was hard to get her back feeding again but we are pretty much there now. The problem I'm having is that she is feeding very 1-2 hours at night and has for the past week, I know that she will be having a period of catch up feeding but how long should this really take? I'm soooo shattered after almost 3 weeks of no more than 2 hour stretches of sleep, I am worried she's getting bad sleeping habits, she was so good at self settling and would only wake once or twice and go straight back down. Now it's more like 6 or 7 times and I have to mainly cuddle her to sleep!!!

Has anyone else on here bf after an illness like this?

Help/advice/thoughts appreciated,

sorry to hear your little one was ill and now waking loads. I do think she is partly upping supply/partly comfort shes had a rough week or so and there is another big growth spurt/sleep regression at this age! not what you wanted to hear id probably give roughly another 2 weeks and if still bad try to miss out every other feed but i know from experience that is hard. sorry i cant be of more help hope you get more sleep soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->