6 months breast feeding

Leanna5813

Reaction score
In two days my little man and I will be 6 months into breastfeeding. There have been times where I wanted to give up, I missed having my body to myself or I got sick of people telling me I wasn't making enough. Through all the negativity I stuck with it, knowing its what's best for my son. Now that he has been on foods for a month, I keep getting asked when I'm going to switch him to formula. Why do people think breastfeeding is just for little babies!?

I've never had a problem NIP but now that he's bigger I do feel awkward because its harder to hold him and he gets distracted easily. There have been times where I become exposed in front of complete strangers. I feel like I'm being judged for still nursing. My husband and I are NTNP so our plan is to allow our son to nurse up to two years, or until baby #2 is born. Whichever comes first. This is our choice as a family, yet I find myself second guessing nursing that long.

I know I should feel proud I've nursed this long, but I just feel like I'm being ridiculed!

Congratulations! Sorry you're facing so much negativity though :(. I've found my insecurity about it comes in waves - I'll start feeling self conscious about NIP, then suddenly it all clicks and I'm ok again for another couple of months. It's hard to be swimming against the current though. Rest assured, you're doing the best thing for your (frankly, still very little!) baby :thumbup:

Good job mamma! Know exactly how you feel it can seem that it makes people uncomfortable that LO is on solids and still breastfeeding I get some very surprised looks. As pp said your doing your best so stick with it as long as you and LO enjoy it x

:hugs: i feel ya, my son will be 6 months old on the 12th and i always get "now that hes just about 6 months old when will you be switching him to formula" and i really dont plan on switching him to formula.. i am hoping to making it to 12 months or more.. and i often get stares from people too when im feeding him.. it drives me nuts! congrats on making to 6 months.. such a huge mile stone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->