6 week old eating too much?

Jbree

Reaction score
My 6 week old who is FF is on 8oz a feed every 4-5hrs but can sometimes cluster feed before bed ie 8pm has 8oz then has another 3oz at 9.30/10. Seems like a lot for her age but shes not sick with it. Also sometimes During the dau she might only take 6oz?

Any help? X

I don't believe babies can be overfed. If they are growing well and seem happy they are just fine. Both my girls were /are eff, and if you are giving them what they need when they are hungry you're doing it right. My first was a grazer, eating a few Oz every hour and a half or so.my second is much better eating every 3 hours or so and can eat about 7 Oz a feed, although sometimes she is done after 3or 4. I just follow her cues and figure if I was bf I wouldn't have any ideas how much she was eating and trust her to tell me when hungry and when finished....

If you are worried, have a look at paced bottle feeding, sometimes babies can take in too much milk as bottles are quite free flowing

This is my concern. My 4 week old is on 4ozs and some times will have another nearly straight away. She isn't bringing any back up though.

I'm jealous! At six weeks dd was taking 2oz bottles ever hour and a half or 2 hours... Including during the night! She's just now started taking 4oz every 3-4hrs.

Her pediatrician said that you can't really overfeed. When they're not hungry anymore they won't eat...or they'll spit it up like dd likes to do lol

my daughter had 6oz every 4 hours and five feeds every 24 hours at your babies age. my friends baby had 8oz six times a day every 3 hours. sounds fine to me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->