6 week old suddenly very windy

Loozle

Reaction score
I thought we had it sussed! Little miss is a champion feeder and is doing very well. The last few days though she's getting very windy during her feed, to the point where she's trying to feed but crying and pulling off. I will then get her to burp (sometimes easily, sometimes not) and she will then feed ok again for a couple of minutes before getting upset again.

I'm not sure what has changed in the last few days but it's very frustrating. It's hard to see my poor girl in pain especially when she's trying so hard to feed. I have no idea what I can do to help her either. I've tried giving her infacol before her feed but that made no difference and in fact she ended up with an upset stomach afterwards. Gripe water helps her when it gets really bad but I can't give her that every time she feeds.

I have noticed that she is spitting up more too, usually after bringing wind up. I've tried positioning her so she's more upright to feed her.

Any ideas?

How long into her feed does it happen? Could she be feeding more effectively and be done at that point? Or is it definitely a mid feed thing? Just an idea based on what you wrote! :flower:

Thank you for your reply. I hadn't considered that. I'm not sure how long into the feeds because I don't really time them anymore. I'll make a note of it next time as its just happened so I've put her in the wrap and she seems to be calming down. It's possibly that she keeps latching for comfort rather than wanting to feed I guess.

Could be that you have a quick letdown. Try lying on the bed or sitting backward on a sofa when feeding. Hopefully it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->