6 week old

kmccoy32

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this short! :)
My daughter turned 6 weeks old yesterday and was eating very often but not a lot at a time. Seemed like she was cluster feeding all day, she ate a couple times throughout the night but we both usually end up falling asleep so I'm not sure how long she ate but woke up with a sopping diaper. Then she ate around 1030 this morning and then not again until 3 and only ate on one side for 10 minutes. Usually she'll do one side for about 15 minutes then another 5-15 on the other side. She has also been sleeping a lot more today. At her last feed I tried to get her to go longer but she would just scream when I tried. The only thing that seems to soothe her after that is a pacifier and rocking. She has had a pacifier since she was 1 day old, but could she be developing a preference to the pacifier instead of nursing? She won't take a bottle of BM. I'm just worried that something is wrong. It's not like her to not nurse for so long. She is often fussy at the breast but usually only after she's been feeding for a while and I think she is done, and in the evening from about 8pm-12 or 1am. She has no set feeding frequency, I see people post my lo eats every 2, 3, 4 hours. Not her she is totally random. I'm getting very stressed

With such a recent change its hard to say what is going on. Perhaps she'd coming down with a cold and has a blocked nose or sleeping to fight off infection?

She could be becoming a more efficient nurser. Around 7 weeks my DS2 did similar and I freaked out and took him to a lactation consultant and she weighed him before and after and he had ate 6oz with 5 min on one side and 8 in the other!!! :O We were both shocked!!

My LO is 6 weeks today and he feeds totally random too i just follow his lead really. He also had a day last week where all he seemed to do was sleep and then when he fed it would only be a tiny bit. But he was happy with that so i left him to it, he was still having wet nappies so i knew he was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->