6 weeks 6 days

Godsgal09

Reaction score
Hey yall :D My name is Ivery, and I am 22. I am 6 weeks, 6 days pregnant. Last week went to the doc and had a scare. Since this is my first child I am trying to be very cautious. I had cramping, but thankfully no bleeding. Turns out I was a little dehydrated, but what worried me was at 5 weeks and 6 days they couldn't find a heartbeat :/
The doc said it could just be too early but he was still worried. They did see the sac and fetal pole though. So those of you who would say a prayer for me, I have my first OB appointment tomorrow so praying to hear my sweet baby's heartbeat :D Anyone else ever have this problem?

It's not that unusual to not hear a heartbeat that early, especially since dates can be off by a few days this early. Even if u know the day u ovulated, it can still take a couple of days for egg and sperm to meet. I'm praying for you, and that everything is fine. I've never had a scan that early, but I know there are many ladies on here who have experienced the same thing. GL!!

It's not that unusual to not hear a heartbeat that early, especially since dates can be off by a few days this early. Even if u know the day u ovulated, it can still take a couple of days for egg and sperm to meet. I'm praying for you, and that everything is fine. I've never had a scan that early, but I know there are many ladies on here who have experienced the same thing. GL!!

Thanks hun :D I am hoping and praying for good news on tomorrow :D
I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts :D

Hi :) yep same thing here . but at six weeks we saw a little blip on the screen. I've had cramping pretty bad for over two months. But everything seems to be ok. Praying for you and baby!! My midwife listened for a HB with a Doppler but we found nothing. I was just around 9 weeks then, she said it was too early. Congrats!! And drink loads of water! Room temp water seems to help me with sick belly. If its too cold it may make your tummy cramp , especially if its hot where you live.

Hi :) yep same thing here . but at six weeks we saw a little blip on the screen. I've had cramping pretty bad for over two months. But everything seems to be ok. Praying for you and baby!! My midwife listened for a HB with a Doppler but we found nothing. I was just around 9 weeks then, she said it was too early. Congrats!! And drink loads of water! Room temp water seems to help me with sick belly. If its too cold it may make your tummy cramp , especially if its hot where you live.

Thank you :D That totally makes me feel better :D
Yeah, it is pretty hot here in the 90's everyday this past week. I am really praying it was just too early, I am ready for some good news :D I really appreciate the prayers :D
Is this your first baby?

:hugs:Godsgal, this will be my 3rd. I'm glad that helped. There are a lot of things that are going to happen with your body and you will have TONS of questions. With my first I got the book what to expect. And it really did help as it goes through weekly changes and holds true to its title letting you know what to expect. My first was born 15 years ago, my second was 10 years ago. So there's quite a gap in there, and I'm hoping that I don't get as sick with this one. Thus forum is so great, the support is amazing and we are all here to ask and answer questions. So I find it refreshing.:flower:

:hugs:Godsgal, this will be my 3rd. I'm glad that helped. There are a lot of things that are going to happen with your body and you will have TONS of questions. With my first I got the book what to expect. And it really did help as it goes through weekly changes and holds true to its title letting you know what to expect. My first was born 15 years ago, my second was 10 years ago. So there's quite a gap in there, and I'm hoping that I don't get as sick with this one. Thus forum is so great, the support is amazing and we are all here to ask and answer questions. So I find it refreshing.:flower:

Aww, congrats :D I will def check that book out. Are you excited about having a third child? are your children excited about having another brother/sister ? :D
That is kind of nice to have the gap though bewteen the kids. & I do agree, I love this forum. It definitely helps.

I went for my first scan and no heartbeat, doctor was concerned the pregnancy was not viable especially after having 5 previous losses. Went to my follow up scan and there was the baby and heartbeat flickering away :) I waited 8 days and was such a negative nancy about it. I know it's hard but try and stay calm. I'm sure everything is fine xx

Yes :) everyone is super excited! I just can't wait to hold him/her. I'm doing the nursery in grey and yellow. I have an appt for a blood draw today for genetic testing, and I've read that they can tell the gender too. I'd like a girl as I've only had girls and quite nervous about how to care for a boy. But of course will love a boy all the same. Do you want a boy or girl?

I went for my first scan and no heartbeat, doctor was concerned the pregnancy was not viable especially after having 5 previous losses. Went to my follow up scan and there was the baby and heartbeat flickering away :) I waited 8 days and was such a negative nancy about it. I know it's hard but try and stay calm. I'm sure everything is fine xx

I have been trying to be positive, but I am so anxious. They were supposed to do an ultrasound today, but instead did labs and vitals :/
They told me I have to go to another clinic as a walk in, if I want to get an ultrasound done. I appreciate you sharing your story, that did help even more :D Thank you!

Yes :) everyone is super excited! I just can't wait to hold him/her. I'm doing the nursery in grey and yellow. I have an appt for a blood draw today for genetic testing, and I've read that they can tell the gender too. I'd like a girl as I've only had girls and quite nervous about how to care for a boy. But of course will love a boy all the same. Do you want a boy or girl?

That's awesome :D I love grey and yellow, I bet it will look great :D Have you started painting yet? Aww, I am sure either way it goes you will be great for the girl or boy :D I am unsure, I know I want a healthy baby and I will be happy. My husband on the other hand wants a boy lol :flower:

So, they miscalculated the days. I am 6 weeks and 5 days. I saw my sweet baby's heartbeat today :)

So, they miscalculated the days. I am 6 weeks and 5 days. I saw my sweet baby's heartbeat today :)

Awe! Yay! That's so awesome! So they did an ultrasound?
I haven't started painting yet, I probably will in a couple weeks. I'm planning my wedding too, getting married July 5th. So I'm going to be pretty busy for the next couple of weeks with that.
I saw my baby's HB at about 6 weeks too. I just can't wait to hear it! I really want another ultrasound but my ob said not til 20 weeks. I will have to schedule a private one.

Aww, I will be having a few done. The military checks us quite a bit sometimes, when they decide to care. lol Since they believe I lost a baby due to work related stress last year in my unit, I think I will get ultrasound a little more often. Hopefully. & Yeah, I have a few pictures from it :D
Sweet! Congrats on the wedding, is this just a ceremony or are you guys just getting married?? Either way that is pretty sweet. My husband and I have been married a little over a year, and was supposed to have our ceremony in October, but I will probably be big by then so it's postponed lol. I am just parading around in my dress on my time off lol

That's great, so happy for you!

Last time, I went for my first appointment too early and had a scare like yours - they were afraid I'd had a MMC. A week later they realized they had dated me incorrectly and after days of assuming it wasn't meant to be, there was little Sammy, heartbeat going strong (although I didn't know he was Sammy at the time, lol). This time I scheduled my first appt later - I go tomorrow. :)

Such an exciting time for you with your first pregnancy experience! Above all, ENJOY! :flower:

AWESOME! A military woman! My dad is retired air force. I have so much respect for our military and their families! Thank you for your service!!!!!!
It will be a little ceremony my fiances mom is an ordained minister so she will marry us, I was going to have it outside in my back yard under the willow tree. But it is supposed to be really hot this summer so I think we will have it in the church and have the reception at my house in and outdoors. Simple vintage/rustic style and only like 50-60 people.
I'm sorry for your loss. It is great that they will be keeping a close eye on you during your pregnancy. I wish I had gotten a picture!

That's great, so happy for you!

Last time, I went for my first appointment too early and had a scare like yours - they were afraid I'd had a MMC. A week later they realized they had dated me incorrectly and after days of assuming it wasn't meant to be, there was little Sammy, heartbeat going strong (although I didn't know he was Sammy at the time, lol). This time I scheduled my first appt later - I go tomorrow. :)

Such an exciting time for you with your first pregnancy experience! Above all, ENJOY! :flower:

Thank you :D I appreciate it! It really is exciting :D
Aww, I am just praying things just continue to go well :D But seeing that heartbeat today, did take away a lot of my worrying lol.
I hope your appointment goes well, please let me know :D

AWESOME! A military woman! My dad is retired air force. I have so much respect for our military and their families! Thank you for your service!!!!!!
It will be a little ceremony my fiances mom is an ordained minister so she will marry us, I was going to have it outside in my back yard under the willow tree. But it is supposed to be really hot this summer so I think we will have it in the church and have the reception at my house in and outdoors. Simple vintage/rustic style and only like 50-60 people.
I'm sorry for your loss. It is great that they will be keeping a close eye on you during your pregnancy. I wish I had gotten a picture!

Thank you :D
& that is awesome, at least you don't have to pay for someone to perform the ceremony. I am sure it will be beautiful. :D Yeah, I am pretty happy they will be caring enough to check :D
I was pretty surprised that I got a picture, since a lot of my friends hadn't. But I saw a nice doctor today at the big hospital, so maybe that was the difference.

You can't really see much since the baby is small but I am excited just knowing he/she is there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->