6 weeks and 2 days today - I think I had a miscarriage last night

Dani88

Reaction score
On Thursday evening I went to the hospital because I started bleeding. It was fairly light, but I still wanted to get checked out. My HCG was 119 on Nov. 15th and it was 4962 on Nov. 24th (Thursday night when I went to the hospital). The doctor said that was good and that he could see the sac on the external ultrasound but that it may still be a bit early at 5 weeks and 3 days to see anything else. He sent me home and said to come back if it got worse and to just take it easy. Ever since I have been spotting pink and brown and sometimes light red... enough to fill a liner after an hour or so. Last night I started gushing out bright red and dark red blood... it was worse than my most heaviest day on my period. There were clots but nothing bigger than what I've seen while on my period. I bled from about 5:30 pm to about 1:00 or 2:00 am. At the start it was enough to fill an overnight heavy pad in about a half hour. My HCG came back at 12,150... the doctor said it should be doubling every 48 hours and it took more like 4 days to double... I should be at 30,000 at 6 weeks and 2 days. He said he still just saw the sac and at this far along that's not normal and I am probably miscarrying. Today the bleeding has slowed down quite a bit. I have very dark brown - almost blackish stringing clots now. Has anyone gone through this? Did you miscarry or was your baby okay? I am trying to hold on to hope that maybe the bleeding is being caused from something else or there's some other reason to explain all of this, but deep down I know that the doctor is probably right when saying that I am probably miscarrying.

I have gone through miscarriages in the past and they were like a heavy period, I'm so sorry to hear you might be going through one :hugs:

firstly, i just wanted to say i am so sorry you are experiencing this - it must be a very hard time for you.

I had a miscarriage last year, at around 7-8 weeks and it was like a heavy period with stringy clots. I had very heavy bleeding and painful cramps for about 2 days then after a few more days of just period like bleeding.

I hope it's not a miscarriage for you, fingers crossed... please take care of yourself x

:hugs: I hope this isn't a miscarriage for you.

When I went through mine in August it was a very emotional time. At the beginning it was so uncertain but as I started to pass clots I knew it wasn't good. The hospital confirmed with my lowering numbers that I was losing the pregnancy.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am a bit confused though because your doubling seems textbook to me. I got the speeds by using the CTP hcg calculator. The fact that your sac is progressing and growing is good. Just definitely rest. Hopefully they can figure out what the bleeding is and that it isn't a mc

11-15 was 119

11-24 (9 days later) was 4962 which has a doubling speed of 40.12 hours which is good since over 1200 doubles in 72-96 hours on average

11-30 (6 days later) was 12150 has a doubling speed of 111 hours. But once you are over 6,000miu the doubling speed drops to over 96 hours. It's why most gyms don't typically do serial betas after 6w.

But black stringy clots is concerning. When do you go in again? :hugs:

I'm sorry you are dealing with this right now. I had a miscarriage at 15 weeks and it was the worst. It sounds like the Doctor might be right unfortunately. That much bleeding and the string like clots are not normal at all. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you'll be able to comfort in the time, ::HUGS::

Thank you everyone for your responses and kind words. I have an update. I had to go back in on Wednesday afternoon for an internal ultrasound and another BETA HCG blood test. The ultrasound showed a healthy baby with a fetal heartbeat of 114 bpm (I got to see the heartbeat), measuring 6 weeks and 2 days (which is exactly where I predicted I was at on Wednesday). The doctor said everything seemed to be normal and healthy. My BETA was 14,000 and something... can't remember the exact number. She said they have no idea why I bled so heavily and why I have been spotting for the past 9 days... I am now currently spotting brown again. I go for my seven week ultrasound on Monday. I am trying to relax and take it easy whenever I can. I've never been so happy and relieved when I was told there was a heartbeat. I went from being so devastated to tears of joy. Such a roller coaster ride!

Oh, I am so happy to hear that everything is ok! Put your feet up and relax a bit mama.

Dani I am so happy to hear that!!! there's a lot of things that can resolve on their own that cause bleeding, so hoping the spotting goes away soon and another wonderful scan for week 7!

Oh that it so wonderful!! I hope they figure out the source of the bleeding! It would put your mind to rest.

Congrats!! Take it easy! You probably are just one of the rare women that spots or even has a period during pregnancy. So happy you heard the heartbeat!! *hugs*

With my son, I started spotting in week 5, and by the end of that week, I had a huge bleed (bled through my jeans and when I got to the bathroom, blood dumped out into the toilet!) I had a subchorionic hemorrhage (sch) and I spotted the entire time, and had 5-6 big bleeds. Ask about a sch and if they find that you have one, join the group on bnb. Stay on pelvic rest until the sch is 100% gone. :hugs: Its so scary, I know.

so very happy for you, wonderful news!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->