• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 weeks PP appointment?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
On Thursday is my 6 week PP appointment to check me all out etc. Im kinda nervous cause I may have been a naughty girl and possibly DTD before 6 weeks :haha: :blush: I only had a very small 1st degree tear and before we did anything DH checked my stitches and was careful. My stitches have completely dissolved too.

I know its more about not having anything up there to prevent infection, but I had fully stopped bleeding after 3 weeks and only needed a panty liner after 2 weeks for some old brown blood. We just felt ready, and honestly I missed the intimacy. Pregnancy was rough on me so I as really ready to go lol.

Are they gonna be mad at me? :( now I feel like im gonna get told off and almost want to lie, but that would be bad. Do I just be honest and tell them I DTD a few times? Is this even a huge deal? :shrug:

I've never been asked about DTD at any of my postnatal appointments, so I wouldn't be worried about it. I've also never waited the entire 6 weeks and nothing bad has ever come of it.

Its not really that big a deal. I had a horrid second degree tear, it was horrid because while they were digging round up there to stop my hemorrhaging they tore up my labial skin to... So I had two sets of stubborn stitches, one tear down from labor and one from my opening to my clitoris from the doctors. At my appt my OB asked if I dtd yet, stitches still intact, and after watching me nearly scream as she used the jaws of death to open up down the wider so she could take a culture.... I about laughed in her face.

I don't think she would of cared if I did, as she seemed prepared to hear I had even though I hadn't haha. I doubt it will matter much, my cervix was all closed up by 4 wks pp, and was told most are by then. Dont be embarrassed, the worse they can do is shake their finger at you. More than likely if it was unprotected they will just have you take a pregnancy test (if your not on BC)

They really don't care. My midwives even suggested we dtd before 6 weeks (if we felt ready) to see how everything feels so if there were any concerns we could discuss it at the appointment.

My appointment was a 4w pp apt not 6w I thought it was weird but she said by then most people are healed anyways as long as you haven't had a bad tear or any crazy circumstances.

Ah im relieved to hear! Thanks girls! Sex was protected as one tiny screaming baby is enough at the moment lol.

Im glad to hear I didn't do something horrific lol. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->