6 Weeks Pregnant, No Symptoms?

SLevin88

Reaction score
Anyone else find it hard to get excited when you're feeling TOTALLY NORMAL??

We'll be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and the only symptoms I've noticed is slightly sore boobs and somewhat heightened sense of smell. Both of which come and go!

Just need some reassurance ladies...is this normal? I figured by now I would be feeling super awful (or at least a little awful.)

It's also no fun that I can't find a doctor who will see me before 8 weeks. Not even for the initial intake! The first trimester is stress-city....

We'll be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and the only symptoms I've noticed is slightly sore boobs and somewhat heightened sense of smell. Both of which come and go!

Just need some reassurance ladies...is this normal? I figured by now I would be feeling super awful (or at least a little awful.)

It's also no fun that I can't find a doctor who will see me before 8 weeks. Not even for the initial intake! The first trimester is stress-city....

Been there Slevin.. I had no symptoms until week 8 and my scan didn't happen until week 10. So i know how you feel. I hate to give tried and tested advice but i will still say please enjoy it while it lasts. Im 13 weeks now and been sick for more than 6 weeks. It is NO fun blv me and in retrospect id rather be "normal" and worried.. GL and wish you a h&h 9 months

Been there Slevin.. I had no symptoms until week 8 and my scan didn't happen until week 10. So i know how you feel. I hate to give tried and tested advice but i will still say please enjoy it while it lasts. Im 13 weeks now and been sick for more than 6 weeks. It is NO fun blv me and in retrospect id rather be "normal" and worried.. GL and wish you a h&h 9 months

Totally, that makes sense. I'm trying to keep myself grounded and not get too worked up over a lack of symptoms. It's hard to figure out whether this is normal, or whether I should be worried (so I guess I'm just choosing to be worried no matter what!).

We've had a loss before, and it's taken us an entire year to get pregnant again. We're trying hard not to get our hopes up too soon, but it's almost impossible at this point.

Did you have any mild cramping from weeks 1-8? That's the thing that concerns me the most at this point. I'm having just mild cramps off and on, and a little back pain this week...:confused:

Oh yeah. I was 6 weeks along when I tested and got my BFP this time around. I have 4 kids, ages 5 and under, so I KNOW what it feels like to be pregnant...... Anyway, I didn't get any symptoms until I was 7-8 weeks along, and then the MS started and everything else. With my second pregnancy, I didn't feel pregnant at all, ever! One day, I just went into labor, and that was it! lol. I felt normal directly after, too, and got pregnant again right away because I was just so carefree and "normal" feeling. Craziness. Don't do that to yourself. lol. But yeah, lack of symptoms doesn't mean a thing. And you do have 2 symptoms that are VERY common for your stage of pregnancy. :) Sounds good to me!

Edited to add: I also wanna say that I've had cramping throughout all of my first trimesters. It peaked at 9-10 weeks and then started to fade away. Stay hydrated. Take it easy. Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

I can relate. I have started having some mild nausea the last two days (6 weeks today), but before that I had very few symptoms other than the tender boobs and sense of smell. My doctor won't see me until 10 weeks.

My symptoms are starting to pick up though so I am anticipating more. I would guess that you will experience the same, although I have read that some women don't have any symptoms. Pregnancy is very annoying in that every symptom or lack there of can be absolutely normal or something to worry over. My best advice is to try not to worry, which I am a total hypocrite for saying :p

Oh yeah. I was 6 weeks along when I tested and got my BFP this time around. I have 4 kids, ages 5 and under, so I KNOW what it feels like to be pregnant...... Anyway, I didn't get any symptoms until I was 7-8 weeks along, and then the MS started and everything else. With my second pregnancy, I didn't feel pregnant at all, ever! One day, I just went into labor, and that was it! lol. I felt normal directly after, too, and got pregnant again right away because I was just so carefree and "normal" feeling. Craziness. Don't do that to yourself. lol. But yeah, lack of symptoms doesn't mean a thing. And you do have 2 symptoms that are VERY common for your stage of pregnancy. :) Sounds good to me!

Edited to add: I also wanna say that I've had cramping throughout all of my first trimesters. It peaked at 9-10 weeks and then started to fade away. Stay hydrated. Take it easy. Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

Thanks so much for your support. I think I've been pushing it a bit too hard over the last few days. I have been super tired, so I'm just going to try and stay positive and hopeful. This would be our first, so I'm really not sure what to expect! That's crazy that you got pregnant so quickly after your last pregnancy - the body is a crazy thing! I'm glad to hear you had a similar experience with symptoms. That definitely helps :)

I can relate. I have started having some mild nausea the last two days (6 weeks today), but before that I had very few symptoms other than the tender boobs and sense of smell. My doctor won't see me until 10 weeks.

My symptoms are starting to pick up though so I am anticipating more. I would guess that you will experience the same, although I have read that some women don't have any symptoms. Pregnancy is very annoying in that every symptom or lack there of can be absolutely normal or something to worry over. My best advice is to try not to worry, which I am a total hypocrite for saying :p

Haha, I feel your pain! Even though I'm sad that you're feeling worse, I'm happy that you've got more symptoms to assure you! I figured I would have the same experience my sister-in-law had - that girl was sick from day 1, and was almost bed ridden from morning sickness for her entire pregnancy! Every woman is different I guess though. I'm not wishing bad stuff on myself, I just want SOMETHING to give me some reassurance that everything is progressing normally!

Ya i have cramping on and off. Heard the same advice: stay hydrated.

Ya i have cramping on and off. Heard the same advice: stay hydrated.

I feel like I'm drinking gallons, but nothing's staying in! Haha My lips were soooo chapped in the first four weeks, I couldn't put on enough chap stick. Now they seem back to normal, but I'm still thirsty like, all the time. The body is weird.

I'm in a similar situation and can't offer reassurance or otherwise. I'm only 5+2, but have nothing really tangible in the way of symptoms. I think my sense of smell is heightened and yesterday I had a wave of nausea lasting all of 4 seconds I should think! I had an early miscarriage this time last year at 6-7 weeks and had extreme tiredness and hunger with that and then I think the symptoms tailed off before the spotting started. I try not to compare the pregnancies because I know that one didn't end well. I've been pg one other time and have a little boy who will be 3 in June, but he was conceived via ivf (after 3.5 years of unexplained infertility), whereas these pregnancies have been natural, and I just don't think any symptoms I had with him count because of all the ivf drugs/hormones.
I really hope that no symptoms is just a lucky thing and that everything is progressing well.

I'm in a similar situation and can't offer reassurance or otherwise. I'm only 5+2, but have nothing really tangible in the way of symptoms. I think my sense of smell is heightened and yesterday I had a wave of nausea lasting all of 4 seconds I should think! I had an early miscarriage this time last year at 6-7 weeks and had extreme tiredness and hunger with that and then I think the symptoms tailed off before the spotting started. I try not to compare the pregnancies because I know that one didn't end well. I've been pg one other time and have a little boy who will be 3 in June, but he was conceived via ivf (after 3.5 years of unexplained infertility), whereas these pregnancies have been natural, and I just don't think any symptoms I had with him count because of all the ivf drugs/hormones.
I really hope that no symptoms is just a lucky thing and that everything is progressing well.

It's so hard not to pick apart everything I'm feeling! I just have no idea what's "normal", so everything seems ABNORMAL to me. I'm with ya, girl. This would be our first baby, so we're hanging on for dear life.

I did notice today that after I ate a big lunch, my cramps and backache went away immediately. I don't have many symptoms going on, but the cramping is the most concerning, so I'm happy to have figured that out!

As I've heard from many people, you and I are veeeeery early on in our pregnancy, and we might not feel anything until week 9 or 10. We just gotta try and remain calm, for baby's sake. And eat or drink a ton when you feel crampy!

I forgot to mention the cramping. Yes, I've had cramping (only mild) on and off since I found out. I reassure myself with the fact that I've read that with a miscarriage USUALLY it's spotting/bleeding first, THEN cramping. I'm pretty sure with my miscarriage I wasn't cramping until after the spotting began. I think it's to do with stretching 'n' stuff!

I really hope it all works out for you. When I finally got my baby I was beyond delighted and swore I'd never ask for more, but then here I am, being greedy and wanting another! :winkwink: I was completely bummed when I miscarried last year - for obvious reasons, but also because it just seemed to be handed on a plate: no timing sex or fretting, but then there was the panic/hope that it might happen again. I would so love to be pregnant naturally. This will be it for us if this little one makes it.

I forgot to mention the cramping. Yes, I've had cramping (only mild) on and off since I found out. I reassure myself with the fact that I've read that with a miscarriage USUALLY it's spotting/bleeding first, THEN cramping. I'm pretty sure with my miscarriage I wasn't cramping until after the spotting began. I think it's to do with stretching 'n' stuff!

I really hope it all works out for you. When I finally got my baby I was beyond delighted and swore I'd never ask for more, but then here I am, being greedy and wanting another! :winkwink: I was completely bummed when I miscarried last year - for obvious reasons, but also because it just seemed to be handed on a plate: no timing sex or fretting, but then there was the panic/hope that it might happen again. I would so love to be pregnant naturally. This will be it for us if this little one makes it.

I'll send good thoughts your way then! I've been working through a ton of meditations on YouTube to try and keep my stress levels down. That's seemed to help a ton!

And no need to feel greedy. The more babies the better! :) I'm so glad you had a healthy one to begin with. It can be scary to try, scary to get pregnant, scary to carry, scary to deliver, scary to raise I'm sure...the whole system is scary, but totally worth it. I can't wait for our first to arrive :)

I think you're right about the symptoms of miscarriage. With our first pregnancy, I distinctly remember spotting BEFORE cramping. And it was several days of spotting before the cramping start. That does make me feel a little bit better...:happydance:

With this pregnancy I had the same kind of slow creepy onset of symptoms and even after they all came it would come and go so its completely normal. Most obs wont see patients until the 8th or 9th week or pregnancy incase of something unfortunate happening so that's normal to. Congratulations H&H 9months to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->