My hubby works for the police in a custody centre, does that count? He does all the shifts and paperwork just doesn't have the uniform.

Me :) But hubby has moved down to the Met and now works mon-fri days which is soooooo much better! I see him more now than I did when he worked for Essex in the police station which is a 5 minute walk from our flat!

What sort of shifts does OH do?

xx

Me and my OH are both in the job. Still on mat / pat leave at the minute xx

Yes me. Oh started in the met and has worked his way slowly back down south west!

Yea we are chick, both work full shifts on response Policing in Cumbria Constabulary x

My man is a policeman, so used to the horrible shift patterns, and so get the fear of something happening to him, is so much worse since I found out I am pregnant! Especially as he met police so has to do AID in central london :( xx

My OH is a policeman, he only does days and lates now so much better than when he did nights too. Although it's rare for him to be home on time when he is doing lates or any shift for that matter. Have given up planning anything for a day he works as its so frustrating when he's hours late or misses the whole thing, and I am sure the worry has led to all this extra grey hair I have....

How do you all find being a coppers wife/gf? I must admit I struggle sometimes as its impossible for him to switch off.

Yep, me.

Don't be fooled by the County Forces being nice and quiet! They are worse from experience and lots of folk we know moved out of the County to the big city forces as they are easier!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->