I'm still learning the definition of this word.... I'm thinking it means trashy, or something of that nature. I've looked at parents and thought them to look trashy, but I can honestly say I've never once thought that about a child, and would never use such a term to describe one, regardless of what the parent may have done to the childs appearance. I enjoy debating the issues that come up on this website, even when I don't have a very strong opinion in either direction. But when I hear people calling babies names like that it tends to get me going a bit.

Arianna has a couple cute velour and fleece tracksuit sets, does that make her chavvy? No, track suits are comfy and velour and fleece is nice for cooler days. :shrug:

Amelie has velour stuff too :shrug: and a pair of nike air max LOL I dont think she looks like a chav.

certain clothes I might think 'chav parent' but a baby can't be a chav in themselves, IMO.

I think a baby can look chavvy. But obviously thats a reflection on the parents not the baby. It isnt like it decided to dress itself.

I dont tink its about tracksuits. I think its about more than one piece of gold jewellery and lots of lace and froofy stuff. I was trying to google a pic of what I mean but I cannot find one

The thing i though today me and Lo are both going out in cropped jeans and a T shirt with a picture on it (mines wheres wally and hers is a cheeky monkey) both wearing comfortable walking shoes. SO I do think you tend to dress your child in a similar way to yourself. I dont own a pair of trackie bottoms nor does Lo. WE have quite a similar wardrobe in the main. Hers has slightly more skirts/dress/shorts but in in the main you can deffinate find similarities

I think a baby can look chavvy. But obviously thats a reflection on the parents not the baby. It isnt like it decided to dress itself.

I dont tink its about tracksuits. I think its about more than one piece of gold jewellery and lots of lace and froofy stuff. I was trying to google a pic of what I mean but I cannot find one

The thing i though today me and Lo are both going out in cropped jeans and a T shirt with a picture on it (mines wheres wally and hers is a cheeky monkey) both wearing comfortable walking shoes. SO I do think you tend to dress your child in a similar way to yourself. I dont own a pair of trackie bottoms nor does Lo. WE have quite a similar wardrobe in the main. Hers has slightly more skirts/dress/shorts but in in the main you can deffinate find similarities

This is so true! I do buy things for Ruby I like. I would never wear a tracksuit and have never brought her one, nothing against them, I just dont favour them. I also think ear piercing, gold necklace and Mackenzie tracksuit would look a bit chavvy but I think it all falls on the parents.

Babies cannot look "chavvy"
I HATE it when I see someone call a baby chavvy, i actually hate the word "chav"

Yes. They can.

It's not any one thing that does it though. Some things, when added to other things can give the overall impression of a "chavvy" baby

Its not the baby that chooses to wear chains etc its the parents that put them on them.

I don't think a baby should be labelled a chav.

I don't like to see babies with big chunky chains and bracelets, the christening ones are cute though.

I think tracksuits are fine, if your a sporty family like celeb footballers, their kids wear tracksuits and trainers and they don't look chavvy at all.

You can look chavvy though without being a chav. No-one is saying that a baby IS a chav... just that certain things can look chavvy on a baby. Bearing in mind that yeah, chaviness has a lot to do with behaviour, you recognise a chav normally by their appearance. It's no different to seeing a baby in black and red stripes, a star print dribble-on & baby converse with a hardcore hat and sayign that the baby looked emo xx

You can look chavvy though without being a chav. No-one is saying that a baby IS a chav... just that certain things can look chavvy on a baby. Bearing in mind that yeah, chaviness has a lot to do with behaviour, you recognise a chav normally by their appearance. It's no different to seeing a baby in black and red stripes, a star print dribble-on & baby converse with a hardcore hat and sayign that the baby looked emo xx

I wouldn't say that is "emo" :shrug:
TBH, I hate how just by what clothes anyone wears, baby or not, they are stereotyped. <3

Chav isnt just about a look its also attitude so where as the clothes can be a bit chavvy I dont think you can realy class the baby as being a chav because they arnt going around doing the general things that define a chav.

Anyway I shouldnt get involved in this one as last time it ended in people insulting my son and failing to take a joke :)

BTW whats valour?

oh and did you know chav actualy means child, "our chav" is another way of saying our son or daughter.

Chav has many different connotations and it seems to vary regionally.

I know in Newcastle it means thugs who hang around on street corners drinking alcohol and causing trouble. Also loud mouthed people who enjoy arguing and fighting, big gob. Um and also clothing accessories can mean a person is chavvy.

Babies can be chavvy in the sense that their clothes are chavvy and accessories and things. But by nature they can't be chavvy - unless they start swearing every 2 mins at toddler age.

A lot of babies are dressed in chavvy gear and so people may say the baby is chavvy but technically its the parents as its their choice how they dress their kids. Also some babies are covered head to toe in thick gold jewellery which IMO is very chavvy but again its the parents not the babies.

Chav isnt just about a look its also attitude so where as the clothes can be a bit chavvy I dont think you can realy class the baby as being a chav because they arnt going around doing the general things that define a chav.

Anyway I shouldnt get involved in this one as last time it ended in people insulting my son and failing to take a joke :)

BTW whats valour?

oh and did you know chav actualy means child, "our chav" is another way of saying our son or daughter.

I remember that, you lo looked adorable!

I wouldn't say that is "emo" :shrug:
TBH, I hate how just by what clothes anyone wears, baby or not, they are stereotyped. <3

Trust me, that would be an emo dressed baby lol. An a former emo myself I can say this. Same as the fact Fin looked like a little "scene kid" with his robot T, camo cut offs, baby vans, black hoodie and camo hardcore hat lol. Babies are often dressed to a "style" and emo/scene/trendy/chavvy etc are all "styles" as WELL as having behavioural links too.

I stereotype myself often with the way I dress and do it deliberately. I like that people can see at a glance what my interests are and what music I'm into etc at a glance. It's pretty important though on the scene I'm into. A world where a slight alteration on a music genre has a whole new image of it's own and in a world where music is everything, you often dress to make it clear where your tastes lie. Makes it easier to meet like-minded people if that is your intention. Sometimes I do it to make it clear I do NOT belong somewhere. I dressed more "alternatively" when going to a proper nightclub. Almost like a wall. Dunno if that makes sense but I like stereotypes xx

Amelie just dresses like a toddler :shrug: She doesnt have any 'style'.

Amelie just dresses like a toddler :shrug: She doesnt have any 'style'.

But you don't just dress her in anything right? You choose clothes that you are drawn to, you put outfits together (when you have time lol) based on your own taste and what you feel looks right together?

Because your taste will be different to mine, Amelie will be dressed to a style... albeit your own. It might not fit a severe sterotype - but everyone has a style unless they dress literally in ANYTHING with no care for how it looks. As parents we put of own "style" and "tastes" onto our children xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->