I agree, I do 'style' Issac to an extent. He tends to rock some of his daddy's looks, dark denim jeans with a button up shirt. He also wears a lot of hoodies. I think it's cute when they wear similar clothes :shrug:

certain clothes I might think 'chav parent' but a baby can't be a chav in themselves, IMO.

this is what I was going to say :flower:

as far styling goes none of the brands we buy are stereotyped to any style just classic/cute clothes and he can develop his own style as he grows up, although I hope he won't be going down the tracksuit & tattoos road which imo is chavvy its his choice but considering no one he'll know does its unlikely he will

Not babies, parents however...............

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd204/molliesmum/article-0-015FF94400000578-166_468x578.jpg

The baby still looks cute not chavvy.

V xxx

Chav isnt just about a look its also attitude so where as the clothes can be a bit chavvy I dont think you can realy class the baby as being a chav because they arnt going around doing the general things that define a chav.

Anyway I shouldnt get involved in this one as last time it ended in people insulting my son and failing to take a joke :)

BTW whats valour?

oh and did you know chav actualy means child, "our chav" is another way of saying our son or daughter.

Velour is a fabric similar to velvet. Omar had many velour babygros when he was a baby as it's not too cold in winter & it's the only fabric that's suitable for babies for cooler weather, & he also have few velour tracksuits. I love tracksuits for toddlers as they'r easy to dress & undress & they look comfy.

I dont know how a tracksuit can be chavvy :shrug:

Well, it's that certain tracksuits (velour as an example) were frequently worn by chavs. Along with the big hoop earings and dodgy looking trainers. As a result the tracksuits are linked with that stereotype.

Velour tracksuits can actually look quite nice. Gabriella wore one on Desperate Housewives the other day and it looked so nice that I wanted one. Also a god friend of mine has a gorgeous rich purple one for her daughter (same age as Fin) and it's devine.

Not all things stereotyped as a chav thing make you look or appear chavvy. I don't think it's any one thing, it's a combination of things that build up to the overall image xx

^ its more the persons mannerisms that would identify someone as a true chav. I think you can tell from a distance what a persons disposition is. Its weird how we judge in society, be it accent, how well spoken somone is, their attitude, their values, how much they earn (or not) and we pin it all on a tracksuit lol snobbery I guess :D
I must admit I said to DH the other day, why is it in JD sports you never really get the feeling that anyone is buying sports clothing to do sports lol

- and to OP I dont think babies can look chavvy, they dont really have a choice what they wear at the end of the day and i think most people can see past the clothing and see a cute baby :) so long as they are safe comfortable and warm/cool then whats the harm?

Well, it's that certain tracksuits (velour as an example) were frequently worn by chavs. Along with the big hoop earings and dodgy looking trainers. As a result the tracksuits are linked with that stereotype.

Velour tracksuits can actually look quite nice. Gabriella wore one on Desperate Housewives the other day and it looked so nice that I wanted one. Also a god friend of mine has a gorgeous rich purple one for her daughter (same age as Fin) and it's devine.

Not all things stereotyped as a chav thing make you look or appear chavvy. I don't think it's any one thing, it's a combination of things that build up to the overall image xx

This is interesting. Velour is quite expensive here. I have few velour tracksuits (similar to the one Gabriella was wearing, I remember it as DH commented that it was similar to mine), I wear them at home or on the run when the weather is a bit cold as we dont have real winter here or heating systems. They'r considered "classy" where I come from (without the earings & trainers :rofl: )

Anyway, back to the topic, I dress Omar in trainers when he wears a tracksuit or if we'r going to a park. He had a converse when he was younger, a geox when he was a baby, & I'm planning to get him a nice pair of Lacoste trainers soon.

He wears an amber necklace which is not so common here, I got lots of comments about it & he also had a baby gold bracelet. Now he wants a watch like his daddy & I will get him one.

I dont like proper outfits on smaller babies/new born but others wont dress their kids in baby gros when they go out, I dont like outfits with characters on them but I dont judge or label those who dress their kids in them

My friend's daughter is few months older than Omar, & she loves to wear jewellery like her mummy. She looks so cute wearing a necklace & a bracelet, she also have an anklet.

As long as babies/kids are dressed in clean clothes & are well fed, I wouldnt judge others based on what they dress their kids. Babies look cute no matter how they'r dressed or what they'r wearing.

I think parents can make their children look chavvy.....i was trying to look for some photos as an example and came across this page on facebook!!! read what some people have written.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2215257728&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=2215257728&v=wall

interesting read on the world of chavs!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav names

this is also quite interesting the chav names did make me chuckle

I just think I dont like tracksuits as I dont wear them and never have. I have never brought Ruby anything like that as she is really girly and if she does wear bottoms it will be leggings or Cute trousers. Thats just me though. I dont think tracksuit = chav but ears pierced, chavvy mum etc just makes me think, yeah...chav.

I think a baby is way to innocent to be classed as chavvy!!

Chav definitely means different things to different people. My definition is the stereotypical "council House family", the type of person who just by looking at them you can tell where they would live. And yes you could tell the baby comes from that family too. Generally overweight family wearing big baggy t-shirts with their breakfast/lunch/dinner/ down the front and hair looking like it hasn't been washed for a week. And if your really lucky you can here them swearing at the kids or giving them a slap. So the poor baby becomes a chav by default.

**but saying that, i'm aware the vast majority of people who do live in council houses are not in the slightest bit "chavy". Just a certain few!.

Yes a baby can definately look "chavvy"

I once went to the doctors and there was a girl of 9 months about to get weighed who I kid you not was wearing a gold necklace, bracelet and soverign ring!! I was waiting for the HV to inform the mum of how dangerous it can be for a baby to be wearing a ring but the HV just said "Oh what a lovelyname she has"!!

You can look chavvy though without being a chav. No-one is saying that a baby IS a chav... just that certain things can look chavvy on a baby. Bearing in mind that yeah, chaviness has a lot to do with behaviour, you recognise a chav normally by their appearance. It's no different to seeing a baby in black and red stripes, a star print dribble-on & baby converse with a hardcore hat and sayign that the baby looked emo xx

I wouldn't say that is "emo" :shrug:
TBH, I hate how just by what clothes anyone wears, baby or not, they are stereotyped. <3

Completely agree with Kitty here.

It's just a fact that people are "labelled" according to what they choose to wear. If I walked out of the house in skyscraper heels, a dress barely covering my thighs and my cleavage all out on display (now there's an image you don't want in your head), people would make assumptions about me. If I walked out in a calf length pleated skirt, a nice blouse and a string of pearls, people would make assumptions about me.

The clever thing behind branding of clothing is that certain brands attract certain people because they are their target audience. They project an image, and depending what image we identify with has an influence on what we choose to wear. I would much rather be "stereotyped" by my clothing, than by something like my accent. I choose what I wear, I don't choose to speak with a Welsh accent.

I think it's very hard to make a baby look chavvy - but I certainly get what you mean OP. Madeline has a couple of velour tracksuits, and she looks lovely in them. The tracksuit is not the issue - it's the overall image projected by the parents/family combined with what they choose to put LO in. They might not be chavs, but if mummy is dressed like Vicky Pollard and daddy has his jeans tucked into his socks, Rockports on his feet, a hoodie/football top on, sovereign rings on his fingers and thick gold chain round his neck, they are wearing "chav" style clothes.

Yes a baby can definately look "chavvy"

I once went to the doctors and there was a girl of 9 months about to get weighed who I kid you not was wearing a gold necklace, bracelet and soverign ring!! I was waiting for the HV to inform the mum of how dangerous it can be for a baby to be wearing a ring but the HV just said "Oh what a lovelyname she has"!!

Destinay-Shantella Babefing?

Haha - I think it was Misty-May or something like that!

I think parents can make their children look chavvy.....i was trying to look for some photos as an example and came across this page on facebook!!! read what some people have written.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2215257728&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=2215257728&v=wall

oh dear theres just no need for this, fully grown adults setting up a page about poor innocent babies and writing such comments its just so purile, god now I know why I never go on facebook! :roll:

oh dear theres just no need for this, fully grown adults setting up a page about poor innocent babies and writing such comments its just so purile, god now I know why I never go on facebook! :roll:

I read it as being quite tongue in cheek! Simply a joke page...no poor innocent babies were harmed in its making.

One of the comments was quite insightful..."Will a happy meal truly make them happy?". Discuss...

Happy meals never make me happy. I get part way there and then it's finished. There's never enough :cry: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->