6weeks later an still havent fully M/C

elainewheelo

Reaction score
Hi, it's now been 6weeks since I First started to m/c. It's been getting me down a bit lately and i was also worried about getting an infection if left any longer so I decided to take cytotec last sat night 28th of may, I went the hospital that day 4a scan to ensure the sac was still there before I took them as I was very worried about taking them. Was told it was still there so I went home and took 3tabs at 8pm along with some tylex. I had a few panic attacks before this trying to convince myself to take them but finally had to force myself. I woke at 2am as felt a little uncomfortable an took some more pain relief an went back to sleep. Woke at 8am next morning an took another 3tabs, but was very supprized as I hav not experienced heavy bleeding apart for a few small clots, iv bled every day since but very lightly. Sometimes in the evenings I get uncomfortable cramps but hav not experienced any awful pain that I had imagined. But I jus get my hot water bottle an that helps. It's been 9days now since the tablets and I am worried it hasnt worked. Iv to go back the hospital in 2weeks time 4a check up. Just doesn't seem to be going anywhere

I am so sorry for your loss:cry:.
i kind of know what you are going through,it took 4 weeks for my mc to complete and i was ready to give up at that point i don't know how you are managing.would it not be possible for the hospital to see you sooner? 2 months is such a long time to be going through this.
with my mc i bled and passed the sac within a few days but when they scanned me a week later as my levels hadn't dropped they found a 2nd sac.i decided to wait to pass that one too, but i had no bleeding or pain and when i went back to the hospital a few weeks later they scanned again and the sac was gone.they said most likely my body had broken it down or reabsorbed it.
Sorry i cant really offer any more advice.
sending you lots of hugs.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks for the reply and sorry you went thru this aswell. I didn't really know much about m/c and how awful it really is, and I didn't ever imagine it could take this long. I went the hospital for my appointment last Wednesday, just four days after I took the tablets. The doc said there was no point in scanning me cause the tablets need time to work, so he told me to come back in 2wks. Its all I can think about every day because its been going on for too long now. Cant believe they found a 2nd sac, that must hav been awful for u, after already loosing 1 and then having to go through it all over again, im so sorry. Yea the doc also explained to me that it could possibly re-absorbe back in to my body, its so awful just wondering now if its still there. thank u so much and lots of hugs to u too. this site is just so helpful for us going tru this, more than the advise the hospital gives anyway. Hope u are ok x x

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I chose to wait for nature and it took 8 weeks. I was getting to the point of thinking about surgery, when it finally happened naturally. I didn't pass everything and so ended up having surgery anyway!!

I hope you get through this very soon and then you can start to move on. I know that having it all dragged out makes it so difficult to move on. Good luck honey.

xx

thank u 4the reply and sorry u had to go thru this x x it definitely is very hard just waiting. iv a scan next wednesday so fingers crossed, but i honestly dont think i cud have passed it. the doc said i can jus take more tablets if not, but that will mean waiting another 2weeks 2let it pass. i suppose i shud just try be patient, just dont want to feel like this much longer. hope u are ok, take care x x

Hi Elaine

Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss and for all that you are going through.

Secondly, I just want to say how surprised I am that your doctor isn't getting this sorted quicker for you :nope: It is bad enough to have a mc without having it go on as long as it is for you. With my mmc, detected at my 12 week scan, the nurses told me they would only leave me a maximum of 2 weeks for my body to do things naturally. Or I could have medical management or a D&C. I chose the medical management route which thankfully worked well for me :thumbup: They wouldn't let me out of hospital until I passed the pregnancy, hence I ended up staying in overnight as I didn't pass the sac until 10.30pm. If I hadn't passed this by the next day they were going to get me down to surgery for a D&C to clear everything. So they seemed very keen for me to get everything out as quickly as possible. They then gave me a follow-up scan 12 days after my treatment which confirmed all was clear.

I really hope you get this sorted very soon hun, it's been going on too long for you x

hello elaine - i am so sorry for your loss. it is especially difficult to move on emotionally when your body is still in the process of a miscarriage. i have had three and while the first two happened naturally over the course of a few days, feeling much like a heavy period, my third miscarriage (at 11 weeks) took forever and i bled for nine weeks. i took tablets (misoprotol) on two occasions to accelerate things, but it didn't work for me. after 5 weeks i returned for an ultrasound to see why the bleeding was continuing and it was deemed 'too late' for a D&C even though there was still tissue from the pregnancy so i endured another 4 weeks of bleeding. it all seemed way too long and unnecessary in my opinion. also, as you may well know, you want to be pregnant and cannot start the process again until your body clears and heals. do seek more medical attention - it shouldn't take so long and it seems cruel that physicians will allow it to go on. hang in there.

hi girls, thanks v much 4the reply an i am very sorry for yur loss too x x
it was very worrying just been sent home an told to come back every two weeks. but i guess i have myself to blame cause i was hoping i wud m/c naturally, but after 6weeks it was getting too much for me so i took cytotec, went to the hospital yesterday to see if the sac had passed but unfortunately it didnt. and during the scan the found a cycst on my ovaries so i am very worried about this. i cant help wondering if it was alwasy there or if it has formed because i left the sac inside me, i dont really no much about this but iv to go back in 6weeks to see if it has grown. anyway after 8weeks i decided to have the dnc, i had it thismorning, i am just a bit sore and groggie but am happy that i can now start to move on. i am supprized they wudnt give u the dnc saying it was too late, my dates when i first started to m/c was 12weeks but i think it stopped growing after 7-8weeks. but sure it does say they cant give u a dnc after 3months, but u are so brave for going this long, it can make u very emotional. and i am happy that u both didnt have to have the dnc, its not the worst but it was very upsetting and worrying going into the theatre. look after yourselves x x i am just at home now taking it easy in bed for next couple of days x x

so sorry to hear what you have gone through hun. for me, i felt the wait was one of the worst things, its like your whole life is on hold. I started bleeding on the 7th Jan and only miscarried on the 31st and i thought this was a long time. espec havin to go back every week to be scanned and see what was goin on. I was booked in for a DnC but miscarried naturally just before i was due to go down to theatre. my heart goes out to you hun, as i no what a dificult time this must be for you at the moment. just make sure you get plenty of rest, and take as much time as you need to get yourself back to normal, thats the part that shocked me the most. *hugs* xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->