6wk PP sex

Expecting1

Reaction score
We tried today and I had to stop hubby before he was even half way in (sorry lol) :sad1:
I had a 2nd deg cut and a tear and my perineum feels so stiff, tight, and thick now (scar tissue?)
Also my urethra is still open (from catheter) and down so it's really in the contact zone :shock:
Docs on Tuesday but I'm after personal opinions/experience with this....
Will it get better? :cry:

I'm in a similar situation as you, but 7wks PP. This was my second episiotomy (and pretty severe ones at that) so I know what you mean about the tight/tough scar tissue feeling. I've found it does eventually go away. If it doesn't hurt you can use some vitamin E oil and do some perineal massage to help relax and soften the area. After time you'll feel normal again. After my first it took probably a good two to three months to feel like things were getting back to normal. Be sure to use LOTS of lubricant to help ease things along. Your hormones are all wacky making you drier than usual so that can make it worse too. Congrats on your new little one!

I had a 3rd degree tear and cut and I'm scared to even have sex again! I'm scared incase it causes some damage or it hurts. My OH keeps asking when we can have sex. I've said at least 6 weeks but I don't think I'll be able to manage it then.

with my 1st i had to be cut. since the scar tissue always hurts during sex :(

Everything feels really tight! I had an episiotomy and stitches after... Not painful as such but weird. I am just over 6 weeks pp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->